Zgemma freezing

I've tried that QuarterPounder to try and stop IPTV from random freezing but after say 30 minutes it's just froze.

I hit the link on the subject regarding QuarterPounder apk app but the settings mentioned in the thread are nothing alike what I've got.
Currently on mine default settings are:-

QuarterPounder = 6.2.0k
Enable = true
Ignore Strings (comma separated list) = mp4,mkv
Restart delay = (seconds) = 0
Restart Indicator = Default
Stuck Cgannels Hack = (blank)
Stuck Channels Hack Delay = 2500
Debug = false

My URL ends in m3u

The default settings are fine for an unattended box. You need to turn on debug on the plugin settings and grab the /tmp/quarterpounder-debug.log file once the box freezes to see what gives (beware it will log your provider+credentials, so don't share it publicly).

The settings are different from the ones originally posted (and still documented in the generic setup thread, https://www.techkings.org/threads/enigma-2-iptv-setup-guide.144740/, despite my heads up) because there was a different plugin called BigMac that tried to do the same but in a completely different (worse?) way. You can check my post at https://www.techkings.org/threads/enigma2-iptv-auto-reconnect.153266/page-6#post-1086584 talking about the QP settings instead.

If nothing works, you can also try the deprecated plugin at oottppxx/enigma2, but beware that its settings are even more finicky...

HTH

I have recently bought a zgemma H9S2 on behalf of our community. I live in Spain and already have a H2s in my apartment, so am familiar with Zgemma's. The H9S2 is to supple ment the community tv on the complex, we have 3 sky boxes which supply sky sports, rte 1 and rte 2 that are fed into the RF feed for the 82 apartments. For these we pay over £1000 p.a. for the subs so the idea is to reduce costs. The boxes (hopefully 3 eventually) will only ever be on one channel .The box works fine but always freezes overnight, so that when I check it in the morning it has frozen. It also does it during the day occasionally, for instance yesterday I reset the box at 8.00 am and when I checked it at 5 pm it had frozen . The Man U game had already started so it had happened sometime after 4.30 (never thought to check game time). Have put VPN (surfshark) onto box to see if that would cure the problem but no difference. The epg and info bars are always up to date just the picture thats frozen. Also since the vpn was put on the box freezes and the whooshbuid bootup screen is showing as if the box has rebooted and the nameserver settings have gone. Is there an inactivity setting on the box? or does anyone know of a fix. Thanks
An update to the freezing issue....as stated previously the box is left unattended so didnt really have any idea when it froze, thought it was just random. Put it on sky sports news with clock in the corner of the screen and guess what ?... it freezes after 10 hours - to the minute. Their must be a setting somewhere that controls that or a way of changing the channel automatically. Any thoughts?

An update to the freezing issue....as stated previously the box is left unattended so didnt really have any idea when it froze, thought it was just random. Put it on sky sports news with clock in the corner of the screen and guess what ?... it freezes after 10 hours - to the minute. Their must be a setting somewhere that controls that or a way of changing the channel automatically. Any thoughts?

Doesn't sound like a setting, as the interval you mentioned previously (8am-5pm) doesn't quite match 10 hours but 9 or a little less than that.
Is this IPTV or satellite feed, the channels you're talking about? Since you're using QuarterPounder, I'd suspect IPTV - could be an issue/setting on your provider side?
To change channel automatically, you can put crontab entries invoking wget to localhost, openwebif has an API for that; you can call a script every N hours that zaps to one channel, waits a few seconds, then zaps back (see E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif, let me know if you need help composing a wget command). Of course using crontab, you can also reload the box every day/every few hours, if you want (I actually do that on my home box due to memory leaks and to prevent it freezing unexpectedly, I reload it every night) - might not be that good if your settings are going away on every reload, though.

Doesn't sound like a setting, as the interval you mentioned previously (8am-5pm) doesn't quite match 10 hours but 9 or a little less than that.
Is this IPTV or satellite feed, the channels you're talking about? Since you're using QuarterPounder, I'd suspect IPTV - could be an issue/setting on your provider side?
To change channel automatically, you can put crontab entries invoking wget to localhost, openwebif has an API for that; you can call a script every N hours that zaps to one channel, waits a few seconds, then zaps back (see E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif, let me know if you need help composing a wget command). Of course using crontab, you can also reload the box every day/every few hours, if you want (I actually do that on my home box due to memory leaks and to prevent it freezing unexpectedly, I reload it every night) - might not be that good if your settings are going away on every reload, though.
That would be a big help. Have checked out the link and while I consider myself fairly computer literate I'm afraid linux is something I have never dabbled in, so made no sense of the script. Also logged into openwebif to see if it made things clearer, but no joy so I'm completely at your mercy to assist. Ideally zapping the channel say every 6 hours would I'm sure do the trick but if not I'm sure I could then modify the instruction. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, 2 alternatives for you, but that still require some work.

Alternative 1 - use channel up/down remote control keys via openwebif; create a file named zap1.sh containing the following and upload it to the root home directory (as an example):
#!/bin/sh
# Channel/Bouquet up
wget -qO - 'http://127.0.0.1/web/remotecontrol?command=402' >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 30
# Channel/Bouquet down
wget -qO - 'http://127.0.0.1/web/remotecontrol?command=403' >/dev/null 2>&1

Alternative 2 - grab the service references from the /etc/enigma2/<bouquet file> for the service you're interested in watching and an alternative service you'll zap into and out of, and create a file named zap2.sh containing the following, again uploading it to the root home directory:
#!/bin/sh
# For 1:0:1:a:7981:7e58:0:0:0:0:http://hostname%3Aport/rest_of_url_goes_here:
wget -qO - 'http://127.0.0.1/web/zap?sRef=1%3A0%3A1%3Aa%3A7981%3A7e58%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3Ahttp:%253A/hostname%253Aport/rest_of_url_goes_here%3A' >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 30
# For 1:0:1:b:7981:7e58:0:0:0:0:http://hostname%3Aport/rest_of_url_goes_here:
wget -qO -'http://127.0.0.1/web/zapsRef=1%3A0%3A1%3Ab%3A7981%3A7e58%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3Ahttp%253A//hostname%253Aport/rest_of_url_goes_here%3A' >/dev/null 2>&1
Note that above, the service references from the bouquet file are modified by replacing the colons (:) with %3A, and replacing the already existing %3A in the URL bits with %253A, for quoting; also note that the "wget and service reference" above might show up as 2 lines when quoting, but it should be all the same line in the file.

Once either of the files are copied to the box, make sure they're executable, e.g., login to the box as root and do:
chmod +x zap1.sh
or
chmod +x zap2.sh

You can test the behaviour by executing either script, example for zap1.sh:
./zap1.sh

Once invoking the script from the command line is working as you'd like it to work, you can now go to the menu of the box and find the "timers" section, select "crontab timers" and add daily timers at whatever times you'd like the script to be invoked. Make sure you add the script by providing the full path, from our examples that would be either /home/root/zap1.sh or /home/root/zap2.sh.

Caveats: the remotecontrol commands/codes from zap1.sh are what works for me, we might need to tweak the 402/403 depending on your box, but give it a whirl as it is. Also, as stated, tweaking the service references requires some care, as all the quoting is a pain to do without typos...

Let me know how it goes, or find me on telegram at some point to discuss.

Last edited:
Ok, 2 alternatives for you, but that still require some work.

Alternative 1 - use channel up/down remote control keys via openwebif; create a file named zap1.sh containing the following and upload it to the root home directory (as an example):

Alternative 2 - grab the service references from the /etc/enigma2/<bouquet file> for the service you're interested in watching and an alternative service you'll zap into and out of, and create a file named zap2.sh containing the following, again uploading it to the root home directory:

Note that above, the service references from the bouquet file are modified by replacing the colons (:) with %3A, and replacing the already existing %3A in the URL bits with %253A, for quoting; also note that the "wget and service reference" above might show up as 2 lines when quoting, but it should be all the same line in the file.

Once either of the files are copied to the box, make sure they're executable, e.g., login to the box as root and do:

or

You can test the behaviour by executing either script, example for zap1.sh:

Once invoking the script from the command line is working as you'd like it to work, you can now go to the menu of the box and find the "timers" section, select "crontab timers" and add daily timers at whatever times you'd like the script to be invoked. Make sure you add the script by providing the full path, from our examples that would be either /home/root/zap1.sh or /home/root/zap2.sh.

Caveats: the remotecontrol commands/codes from zap1.sh are what works for me, we might need to tweak the 402/403 depending on your box, but give it a whirl as it is. Also, as stated, tweaking the service references requires some care, as all the quoting is a pain to do without typos...

Let me know how it goes, or find me on telegram at some point to discuss.
G

Back