Cable ZGemma H2.H constant crashing

Yes going to have to try different positions as the box has crashed. However previously I couldn't get 30 seconds out of it with the case/lid on but just got around 3 hrs so a definite improvement. Will try above and below and the fan at different speed settings and see how it goes .....

Then the laptop cooler gets warm if on top?

no, you're just being twisted now, :cool:
think of a cars radiator,
older cars sometimes had the fan in front, more modern cars usually have it behind, it doesnt really matter [ in our instance ] , as long as it is producing airflow from bottom to top, or from side vents to top, as long as it is helping warm air get out the top and away from temperature critical components
its merely about creating airflow, which is normally done by convection, the fan is merely speeding up the effect of convection by helping to move the warm air out.

Yes going to have to try different positions as the box has crashed. However previously I couldn't get 30 seconds out of it with the case/lid on but just got around 3 hrs so a definite improvement. Will try above and below and the fan at different speed settings and see how it goes .....
is it in a cabinet or anything.?
can it get fresh airflow,?
and can the warm air get away,,,,,,,,,

Its in a cabinet yes, on a shelf , no doors so air can escape the front, there is around 6 inches space above the fan on the box, (and plenty around the sides). The boys playstation 4 is on the shelf underneath (which does kick out some heat at times) but they're not on at the same time.

Realised I'd mounted the fan blowing air onto the box rather than away from it, don't know how much difference that would make but we'll find out as I've now got it blowing away from the box, lets see how it goes...

Couple of other questions ....
Is there anywhere in the software (woosh infinity) where I can view the temp of the CPU ? (Had a look through the menu's and cant find anything)

Also, what is the difference between standby and deep standby? reason I ask is at the moment when i put the box into standby the fan stays on so clearly power is still being supplied to the USB , but is there another layer of standby which kicks in later which will turn off power to the USB?
Otherwise I will have to turn the box off at the back when not in use.

Back