Zgemma h2h Extreme Editor issues

TimJay84

Hello 👋

Looking for some assistance please. I have a Zgemma H.2h box and I am having some trouble installing Extreme Editor for my subscription provider

I have Open ATV 6.3 and OpenVix 5 4 Willobuild which was given to me on a USB when I brought the box.

I had problems with an existing password stopping me from accessing tbe box via FTP, which was resolved with a reflash.

I have tried to load Extreme Editor via Putty with the relevant coding and it appears to load successfully, but doesn't appear as a plugin. I tried to load it via USB, and also via FileZilla, and I get an error message each time saying: some plugins are not available, extentions/XE (no modules named sqlite3). Any idea how I can get around this and successfully install ExtremeEditor please?

My service provider suggests I need to have OpenVix as well as Willobuild over the top, but I believe that the Willobuild and Openvix is combined etc

Attachments

• 20220102_191623.jpg
    32 MB · Views: 8
Does willo support python 3 on his builds ? i am not sure he does.
Yes I think he does as vix don't do python 2 images anymore and willo flashes latest vix image. I might be wrong though.

Edit I just noticed this is for zgemma not general vix. @TimJay84 what vix version is on the box? Menu, information, about

Yes I think he does as vix don't do python 2 images anymore and willo flashes latest vix image. I might be wrong though.

Edit I just noticed this is for zgemma not general vix. @TimJay84 what vix version is on the box? Menu, information, about
Its the custom build willo version for h2h and sure it does not support python 3

Thanks for the advice! Please see attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-150633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-150633_Gallery.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 17
Nope need to use the python 2 version i am sure willobuild for the h2h only supports that Can you not download the plugin from the feeds
To be honest, I'm not so sure on the exact latest versions I should be loading 🤔 I know its a big ask but would someone please be able to tell me exactly what I need to flash onto the h2h box from a factory start to be up to date? I want the willobuild because I want the SlyQ image, but I need Extreme Editor as well but no joy.

Are you using this command line?

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not so sure on the exact latest versions I should be loading 🤔 I know its a big ask but would someone please be able to tell me exactly what I need to flash onto the h2h box from a factory start to be up to date? I want the willobuild because I want the SlyQ image, but I need Extreme Editor as well but no joy.
Vix does not support zgemma h2h so need to stick to using the custom built image willo has created. You need the python 2 version of the XE plugin

Are you using this command line?

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh/ICODE]
I used this command line from Willbuild website for H3 boxes (same as H2H)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-152906_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-152906_Samsung Internet.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 7
Vix does not support zgemma h2h so need to stick to using the custom built image willo has created. You need the python 2 version of the XE plugin
Thank you I will stick with the OpenVix Willibuild 5.4 then. Will try and load python 2 XE version. I really appreciate your help, thanks.

Okay, I will use this command line. When I used the Willobuild one, it gave me an error message saying something about Kernels. Away from box currently but will try new command line above, or failing that FTP the python 2 version.
I would just ftp the python 2 version it should be fine then.

Back