Zgemma H2s motorised problem

vinny048

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can offer some guidance trying to run a motor with a zgemma h2s.

I currently have;

Zgemma h2s
12v 5a PSU
Technomate 2200 motor
Technomate Eco Quad LNB (only 2 ports connected at the moment)

I have set the tuner up as;

Simple
Positioner
Long: 2.50
Lat: 53.5

I have a DM800se clone currently driving the dish without issues but want to run the zgemma to have the option of a twin tuner STB.

currently the motor is sat at 19.2e and the green light is lit up on the motor but I cannot get it to move to any satellite when trying to search.

I know there are power issues with these boxes hence the 5a PSU and green LNB but whatever I try I just can’t get it moving.

ive also tried diseqc 1.2 and tried to nudge the dish in positioner setup, again it just doesn’t move.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If those are your exact co=ordinates you should edit them. I have the h2s as a spare and its not great at driving dish. what image have you got on it? and is it a twin tuner, which I assume it is. I use tuner B for positioner, I know this sounds corny but have you put the USALS in correctly? Have you tried either a V channel or a horizontal to get dish going? It could be a cabling issue. As a stop gap use the dm to drive dish and run 2 leads from lnb to h2s.

I have a few boxes and use VIX, Openatv pli and others. Boxes are solo2 etc

Those aren’t my exact coordinates.

I’ve got atv running on it at present.
I’ve tried tuner a and tuner b for usals.
The usals are correct and match the dream box which drives the dish without issues.

I’ve downloads vhanibals motor settings and tried a load of different channels H & V but it still doesn’t more.
I just don’t understand why it doesn’t do it when the green light is on the motor indicating power

If there was a cabling issue I’d assume it wouldn’t work on the dream box either.
So confused at the moment.

Some people reported a zgemma will move a motor using a low power LNB and decent power supply.
However I found a zgemma would not move my motor properly whatever specifications I tried.
Sometimes would not move at all or others only a couple of degrees then stopping pointing at nothing.

Switched to a different receiver, no problem.

Its reported elsewhere the h2s has problems with a motor but one post said they had it working. As delboy says, change receiver I would try and get a solo2 on ebay, these are going cheap as 4k takes off. But people like certain brands, h2s is a nice receiver and you could probably sell it on.

Or try my tip ie use the dm to move dish

I would set tunner A to positioner
With tunner b not configured
Disconnect the cable from your l.n.b to
Your motor then see if the motor moves
Also is it this type off power unit you are using

Attachments

• 1588857454842701154408895200691.jpg
    1588857454842701154408895200691.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 28
@linesman66 what photo was that as very unclear,i do believe under powered power supply might need a bump up to move the dish.It should have a volt and amp rating on box and power supply.Good point as i might 2 have an issue related to power supply and motor moving and plug and play sat tuner on an F 1

I used the 12volt 4amp with my f1 reciever
When i Had motorised system.Moved the motor With out any isues

I would set tunner A to positioner
With tunner b not configured
Disconnect the cable from your l.n.b to
Your motor then see if the motor moves
Also is it this type off power unit you are using
I’ve tried tuner a and tuner b with usals, it makes no difference.
I will get the ladders out another day to see if the motor will move without the LNB connected.

I think I’ll give it a go with another image and start fresh.
If that fails I’ll look to replace it.
May bite the bullet and go for a vu Xero 4K as it has FBC tuner so I won’t need a twin feed.

I currently have a h5 with one cable and 2 sat tuners, I have a fixed 28east dish connected to tuner A and my motorised dish connected to tuner b, it drives the motor without any problems, before the h5, I used a h2h and that also drove the motor ok, so it can be done on a zgemma.

Just disconnect the l.n.b To see if the

Box was able to power the dish east and west in positioner setup

Just disconnect the l.n.b To see if the

Box was able to power the dish east and west in positioner setup
I’ll get the ladders out over the next few days and give it a go.
the motor does light up so it does have power. I may also reset it and start again. No harm in trying.

Back