zgemma H2s,stuck on boot logo with red light

how weird, i was using my box for the freesat channels, woke up new years day and nothing. no signal from tuners! its like its dead? i been using the box for around 6 years now no issues untill new years day. tried flashing it but nadda. any ideas? i ran iptv bouquet with my iptv provider and can use that for now but its nice to have it back to original with sky channels, as if my internet goes offline, i can still watch the tv.

how weird, i was using my box for the freesat channels, woke up new years day and nothing. no signal from tuners! its like its dead? i been using the box for around 6 years now no issues untill new years day. tried flashing it but nadda. any ideas? i ran iptv bouquet with my iptv provider and can use that for now but its nice to have it back to original with sky channels, as if my internet goes offline, i can still watch the tv.
To be honest sound like a dead duck.There are ways to recover the box but need usb flash drives/pc and a lot of help or reading up

i wasnt expecting a reply that quick lol, im on my pc i live on it. i have usbs also. iv flashed it upteen times, soon as i check signal theyre is nothing. was working when i went to sleep NYE, woke up new years day and nothing as if no cables where screwed in. what would you recommend bro

i wasnt expecting a reply that quick lol, im on my pc i live on it. i have usbs also. iv flashed it upteen times, soon as i check signal theyre is nothing. was working when i went to sleep NYE, woke up new years day and nothing as if no cables where screwed in. what would you recommend bro
Use a genuine sandisk or kingston usb 16GB and download the latest firmware from openatv. If its an old stick low level format with HDDGURU fat 32 and if that does not flash throw it away and get a new device

lol i have a scandisk. will do that and see how it goes. just find it strange to lose signal altogether in a matter of about 10 hours. been a good lil box over the years mind, definately had more than my moneys worth out of it. will let you know how i get on matey. appreciate the prompt responce.

Picked up a h9s for a mate foe £60 odd quid not worth the hassle old boxes now
agreed, although the older mipsel boxes still work & will go on working until something internal finally gives up they are super slow to work on, ARM boxes are much newer & way faster to setup plus you get higher resolutions/better picture etc.
@moshibeth thought you hated the H9 models lol bang for buck I think they are well worth the money myself (picked a used H9s up for £30 the other week... felt like I'd robbed him but that's all he wanted...bargain).

agreed, although the older mipsel boxes still work & will go on working until something internal finally gives up they are super slow to work on, ARM boxes are much newer & way faster to setup plus you get higher resolutions/better picture etc.
@moshibeth thought you hated the H9 models lol bang for buck I think they are well worth the money myself (picked a used H9s up for £30 the other week... felt like I'd robbed him but that's all he wanted...bargain).
I do hate the h9s boxes and he bought the thing just sent it to me to setup. I have big hands and tiny little buttons at the back to flash it.They loop without even looking at the thing if no usb/card in it for extra memory. Only downloader jedi and thing went awol

yeah mate, im at a loss now. i went to bed new years eve, watching tv.. new years day night i turned my tv and had no picture. so got the epg up and put itv on, nothing. no channels working. checked signal and there wasnt any at all. i unscrewed the 2 coax cables. tried 1 at a time then both. just no signal wotsoever. iv had to create boquets using my iptv provider, but only prob is if my internet goes down, im without a tv lol i might wait till my neighbour goes out and hooke a cable up to his dish and try that lol

Can you even beg/borrow/steal a box from somewhere to see if its either the box or dish at fault.
At least you can narrow it down that way.

what does it say on the box it self? has it went past 99%? of does it say the time channel number or some lower percentage ?
my box is the same dead!!! is boots then flash then boot RED Light and nothing Open TV main screen any ideas what to do now

Back