zgemma H2s,stuck on boot logo with red light

Sorry but I misread Wooshmans post. Do a reflash from with in WB-Config will fix the update problem

Yep, that's about it, WB is now at V7.001 so you can update to your hearts content, "As they say in The Dordogne".

Last edited:
sorry to ask such simple question, that has obviously been answered a thousand times, but my box is stuck on boot, i have tried 5 different usb sticks and have tried two different images, all to no avail, but both images have already been used on the box previously, but neither will load up now. Is there anything else i can try, i am just about to give up as nothing at all seems to be working. Any advice would be welcomed, thanks

which images have you tried flashing?

have you formatted the stick with fat32 before putting the flash files on? - have you renamed the file called noforce to force?

Thanks for the reply, Ive done a hddguru low level on all 5 sticks (i've been doing this for hours now) then done a fat32 as well. I used wooshbuild v7 and then tried to install the xtream editor, and then it bricked, so i tried an older version of wooshbuild too, to see if that worked as well as the v7 and neither are working, and yes i have renamed the file as well. I really don't know what is going wrong, as all sticks and both builds have worked fine on the box previously.

which images have you tried flashing?

have you formatted the stick with fat32 before putting the flash files on? - have you renamed the file called noforce to force?

Quick update for you mate, i managed to flash a version of vix onto the box, then when i had that installed, i updated it to wooshbuild. Thanks for your help though

I have the problem of when my Zgemma reboots it gets stick in boot mode.
I over come this problem by unplugging my USB Wifi dongle, then switch off the box and switch it on again the boot mode will displayed on the box with a red led light. When the ref LED light goes out after 15 sec I plug the wifi dongle back into the box.

This work for me but I think the problem is when booting it does not like anything plugged into the usb port.

Good Luck

It looks like I have the same problem as a few people, I have flashed and reflashed my h2s box the latest image I have tried was whooshmans whooshbulid v7.
I have followed all the steps needed but I have the same problem time after time.
once the display goes from FLSH to BOOT it does nothing else. I don't get any type of screen to make setting changes.
I have used several USB drives all 8gb or less and all fully formatted to FAT32, I have used both front and back USB ports
Any help would be great

It looks like I have the same problem as a few people, I have flashed and reflashed my h2s box the latest image I have tried was whooshmans whooshbulid v7.
I have followed all the steps needed but I have the same problem time after time.
once the display goes from FLSH to BOOT it does nothing else. I don't get any type of screen to make setting changes.
I have used several USB drives all 8gb or less and all fully formatted to FAT32, I have used both front and back USB ports
Any help would be great
you need to press the front power button when it says FLSH

Format usb using this tool available for download here instructions are in the zip file http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/ Have you tried flashing Openpli it seems to flash when others fail. https://openpli.org/download/zgemma/H.2S use either pli 4 or 6 it doesn't matter, once downloaded extract find the file named no force right click and rename it to force then exit and copy folder on to usb. As long as you have renamed the file mentioned to say force you should not need to press any buttons. If succesful you can then try flashing whatever build you like you don't have to stick with pli

Ok totally at a loss now, tried all of the above to no avail. will all these attempted flashes cause problems to the box.
I think the box flashes the image but then just says boot and hangs.:(:(
have tried openpli 4, 6 and 6.1

as you have been unable to resolve the usual problems people have with usb flashing I would suggest you try this:

buy a NEW usb pen drive (as small in capacity as you can find), place drive in a pc & format into fat32 with windows (full format not quick). Next go to zgemma.tv & download the latest nightly ATV6.1 for your receiver (model specific).

Unzip the downloaded ATV6.1 to the newly formatted usb so that when you open the usb you see a yellow folder named zgemma, open this folder & rename the file ‘noforce’ to ‘force’ then eject usb from PC.

Place usb in rear usb port then power on the receiver via its rear power button, receiver will show FLSH for approximately 30 seconds as it loads the base ATV image & then reboot.

Excessive testing & personal experience has proven to me that usb make isn’t important but others won’t agree, in my opinion the receiver is not able to read from a used usb drive unless you prep them correctly resulting in people blaming the receiver when this is not the case!

Last edited:
mine stuck in boot mode too,i have paid for a programme of fle bay if it cures mine i will share it on here if it is of any use to members

Back