zgemma H2s,stuck on boot logo with red light

boot stuck

If you read the initial steps of the Wooshbuild tutorial. It tells you what files you should have on your USB stick when you load basebuild.
read and tried It.
The end Question
when you have tried a dozen usb and images is it not time to see if an expert can repair the box for a fairly small fee?
I dont like being beaten particularly as the experts fee is small the solution is likely simple. but it seems to be beyond what anyone has on line as far as the forums go/
Still playing :) will come back with "Binned"/ DIY/or /paid repair /after Christmas /
Best Wishes
Harry

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ----------

If you read the initial steps of the Wooshbuild tutorial. It tells you what files you should have on your USB stick when you load basebuild.
read and tried It.
The end Question
when you have tried a dozen usb and images is it not time to see if an expert can repair the box for a fairly small fee?
I dont like being beaten particularly as the experts fee is small the solution is likely simple. but it seems to be beyond what anyone has on line as far as the forums go/
Still playing :) will come back with "Binned"/ DIY/or /paid repair /after Christmas /
Best Wishes
Harry

Hi Guys,

This happens to my zgemma everytime i do a software upgrade and i need to reimage and start from scratch, is there a reason for this or is it just a small price to pay for cheap tv :)

It was opentv 5.3, i saw it wanted to do a software upgrade so i ran it, then it wanted to reboot so i did that and it never came back on just sitting with "boot" and the red light. thats the 3rd time this year.

read and tried It.
The end Question
Best Wishes
Harry

I've used these guys on a 2S a few months back - https://www.norfolksr.com/digishop/...r-service-update-image-update-blue-light-fix/ - box came back in about 4 days.

You'd need to ask if they do H2S - can't see why they wouldn't tho.

read and tried It.
The end Question
Best Wishes
Harry

I've used these guys on a 2S a few months back - https://www.norfolksr.com/digishop/...r-service-update-image-update-blue-light-fix/ - box came back in about 4 days.

You'd need to ask if they do H2S - can't see why they wouldn't tho.
They cover all zgemma boxes

Had the problem where could flash h2h but soon as soon as turned off box or restarted just stuck on boot with red light till reflashed *sorted by changing power lead works fine now

Hi I've had the same problem with my Zgemma box after update its stuck in boot with red light on. does anyone know why this is happening?

hi i have got a zgemmas h2s and mine is stuck in boot with red light, i have re flashed time and time again tried different images including whooshbuild still not booting up , what i have noticed is that it either goes to usb update then to boot but nothing after boot , or it says flash and then boot and then flash again i have tried different usb keys still no luck , any advice would be great thanks

If it says USB / UPDT you need to press the front power button. It will then say FLSH -then eventually BOOT. At which point should boot up.

Once fully booted put the box in deep standby nd then remove the flash USB stick. Insert storage USB and turn it back on.

hi thank you for your reply , at the moment i am trying whooshbuild again , i put the folders on a clean usb formatted to fat32 put the key in and turn on the power it goes to flash and then boot but nothing after boot , like before i had various numbers come up but nothing like that at the moment it seems that it is stuck in boot thanks

The only folder you need to see on your USB is zgemma. If you have a folder called basebuild or something, you need to remove that and just extract the zgemma folder from the zip file.

hi thank you for your reply the only folder i have is zgemma on the usb stick , still not fully booting , another problem is that i tried to connect to the zgemma through filezilla and getting a refused connection error eg: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". would this be beause of the zgemma is not booting up or would it be my isp thanks for your help and advice

if it isn't booting to anything there is no ftp running on the box to connect.

I would concentrate on flashing it from USB as this is your only way forwards.

hi thank you for your advice i have tried different images on different usb keys but still not booting fully , could it be bricked
as i have left the box on for hours but still not booting thanks again for your help and advice

Hi all...I am really thick here. My box is also stuck in boot mode following a soft wear update. It came pre loaded with Skyk as themain image, however reading the posts on here really shows how dull I really am. Can someone please send me an idiots guide and I mean an idiots guide to getting this thing up and running again.....please before I throw the bloody thing.....in hope cheers

I tried to flash with ipab, I put usb into back of zgemma h2s, it gave FLSH then boot messages, then it went to USB UPDT. Now box stuck at boot.
any ideas?

Back