Cable Zgemma H7C - ABM scanning wrong tuner for VM using OpenATV 6.3

Willo3092

VIP Member
This isn't limited to the H7C, it seems to be the same on any receiver with 2 x DVB-C/T tuners.
I'm pretty sure it's not a fault with AutoBouquetsMaker either because the same settings work perfectly on OpenViX.

Tuner A set as 28.2E - Freesat + Sky SD Custom FTA
Tuner B set as DVB-C VM UK - 00008 VM Nottingham
Tuner C set as DVB-T2 - Freeview Belmont

ABM scans Freeview, Freesat and Sky but tries to scan for VM on Tuner C which is set up as DVB-T2

screenshot_20191007204048.jpg

screenshot_20191007203959.jpg

screenshot_20191007203857.jpg

Anyone else had this problem? It's still the same on OpenATV 6.4 as well.

The python tuner config files in ATV/Pure2 are different to Vix/PLI. There are a couple of workarounds in place already, maybe more needed.

What I meant was why would it fail to scan anything because one tuner isn't set?
Why doesn't it just scan what is configured ?

Also, best to use the correct Virgin system that you are in if you know it. "Virgin all system" should be used if you are not sure.

Enable extra debug in ABM. Enable debug in image. Restart, run ABM and get hold of your debug log. Start a thread on the other forum, I'll ask Huevos to look at it for you.

Also, best to use the correct Virgin system that you are in if you know it. "Virgin all system" should be used if you are not sure.

I've also tried Virgin Media UK Pure, Telewest and ex CW with the same result.

I can remember having the same problem on my Mutant HD51 on OpenATV 6.2 so it's not a new problem.
I had 1/2 an hour to kill so thought I would flash clean ViX and clean ATV.
Same box, same tuner settings, same ABM settings - ViX works as expected and ATV doesn't for some reason.
I wondered if there were different python components on ATV that didn't work well with ABM.

I'm not sure where the ABM log files are?

1570483560795.png

Yes it's enabled and scans fine. ABM just falls over when it tries to scan VM on Tuner C when VM is on Tuner B and C is terrestrial.

1570519545361.png

does it work if you switch the two tuners over, so B - DVB-t2 and C is dvb-c ?

No, it then tries to scan Freeview on Tuner C when B is DVB-T2 and C is DVB-C.
It doesn't matter what order the providers are in either.
It works perfectly well on ViX so I'm sure it's an ATV issue.

1570520738159.png

One thing I have noticed is that if I disable the sat tuner and the terrestrial tuner VM will scan fine.
The option to enable FreeView as a provider still appears in the providers list even though there is no compatible tuner enabled.
There should only be cable providers in the list, not FreeView and NL terrestrial.

1570521364405.png

This is the same same screen in ViX with DVB-T2 and DVB-S disabled.
With only a cable tuner enabled you should only see cable providers.

1570521655002.png

Query i notice you dont specify a particular region for your dvb/t service but scanning all of uk?
The area values in tuner config are not used in ABM. In any case, only the Terrestrail areas that have clashes from neighbouring masts are listed. All of UK is good enough for most people.

Back