Cable zgemma h7s adding a second terrestrial tuner

Genuine Sony DVB-T Tuner for PlayTV | eBay

Sorry for late reply, but hopefully you got same as above. Just for info, the recording is done by muxes/transponders, not channels. Saorview only uses two muxes per area, so you can record all the channels. Not just two.
Thanks again Abu
Wow installing a second tuner is a no brainer so in that case as it appears with the two muxes, one will have great flexibility for recording and watching saorview all at once, Thanks for the tuner link also

Update:

Finally installed a the PS3 tuner on the ZGemma H7S to act as a second terrestrial tuner for Saorview channels. I used the dib0700 drivers. It works great, I actually was able to record all of the saorview channels at once on the box and also view them , And all channels are available to view while recording is taking place. I assume this is because the PS3 tuner is a twin tuner and the box already has its own DVB-T tuner

A couple of observations

If you just do a standard reboot of the box the tuners are lost, they are listed as Tuner D and E in the tuners menu.
You have to do a deep standby shutdown and restart and they will be picked up again and will work without any further intervention.
I am using openvix image.
The tuners are not available in the automatic scanning of the tuner set up, You have to go in and do a manual scan and the channels will be picked up from the roof aerial.

Thanks for the help guys hopefully this will help someone else but i highly recommend adding the tuner as it makes the box very versatile

Saorview only uses two muxes for each area, so with two tuners you can view/record/stream all of the channels.

The restart issue is probably a timing one. You would be better off reporting issue on the Vix support site with debug logs so the issue can be investigated. Try other images if they have the same issue. If applicable, you might fare better using a USB 2 port instead of USB 3.

Automatic scan does not give you choices, enigma2 will scan everything using the most efficient tuner/s. As you stated, manual scan allows you to choose which tuner to scan with. That being said, if you scan with one tuner, those channels will be available to all tuners that are configured the same. There is no need to scan with all tuners.

Saorview only uses two muxes for each area, so with two tuners you can view/record/stream all of the channels.

The restart issue is probably a timing one. You would be better off reporting issue on the Vix support site with debug logs so the issue can be investigated. Try other images if they have the same issue. If applicable, you might fare better using a USB 2 port instead of USB 3.

Automatic scan does not give you choices, enigma2 will scan everything using the most efficient tuner/s. As you stated, manual scan allows you to choose which tuner to scan with. That being said, if you scan with one tuner, those channels will be available to all tuners that are configured the same. There is no need to scan with all tuners.
Thanks so much for your help with this Abu . Thanks for your explanation on the tuners, its a fantastic improvement on what already is a fantastic box. I will look into what you suggested about USB 2 and 3 and the other images. very happy now that i can have the same options on all tuners in relation to recordings.

Back