ZGEMMA H9 TWIN cannot update openATV or flash new version

okthought

Hi, I'm snookered!

I used Whooshbuild to configure openATV 6.3 in January when it worked fine. I'm now trying to use the box again, but if I try to select Software Management: Software Update, I get "Image is out of date", a warning that the result of updating may be poor and a recommendation to flash a newer image instead.

When I try to use WB Configuration to flash openATV, I get "Software problem detected" and a recommendation to post the crash log here.

If I try to backup my existing settings, I also get an error message.

What to do?

I'm tempted to update the software anyway or try a Factory Reset, though I've read that that may brick the box!

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1592824588.txt
    31 KB · Views: 33
Hi, I'm snookered!

I used Whooshbuild to configure openATV 6.3 in January when it worked fine. I'm now trying to use the box again, but if I try to select Software Management: Software Update, I get "Image is out of date", a warning that the result of updating may be poor and a recommendation to flash a newer image instead.

When I try to use WB Configuration to flash openATV, I get "Software problem detected" and a recommendation to post the crash log here.

What to do?

I'm tempted to update the software anyway or try a Factory Reset, though I've read that that may brick the box!
Press BLUE on Remote, System, Skin Setup, change skin to MetrixHD and reboot box.
After box reboots, press BLUE on Remote, Software Manager, Backup Settings, then select Flash Online to flash latest OpenATV 6.4 Stable version.

Hi, I'm snookered!

What to do?

You could also try install grog build through openwebif, this will update your box to open atv 6.4, and also should give you the option to save your settings and line.

Never factory reset you give yourself more
Problems If you can excess the reciever by
Filezilla you could copy your line details
And save it in notepad + Then flash your reciever by u.s.b Remember the h9 combo
Twin uses e.mc recovery file +the h9 combo file This link might help

Press BLUE on Remote, System, Skin Setup, change skin to MetrixHD and reboot box.
After box reboots, press BLUE on Remote, Software Manager, Backup Settings, then select Flash Online to flash latest OpenATV 6.4 Stable version.
Thank you! Changing the skin helped but the box was still trying (and failing) to save my settings even when I said “No”!

You could also try install grog build through openwebif, this will update your box to open atv 6.4, and also should give you the option to save your settings and line.
Thanks for the steer to grog build, which may come in handy in future, but I had so few settings worth saving that I decided to save myself the excitement for now.

Thanks for the steer to grog build, which may come in handy in future, but I had so few settings worth saving that I decided to save myself the excitement for now.
Thanks. I re-flashed by USB using that video, which I’ve used previously as a guide to using Whooshbuild.

When I tried to initialise the USB drive as storage, I got another blue screen crash. And I still can’t save settings without an error message that includes “gzip: write error: No space left on device”.

You should skip the intialise stage
Complete later when everything is set up
Remember to restart your Gui after you have
Intialised your device

I mentioned that there was problem with wooshbuild skins on another thread would not let you flash on the fly and you had to do as you said change to MetrixHD and was told by another member there was nothing wrong with the skins an I knew from experience using wooshbuild for last three years and never ever managed to flash on the fly untill a month ago when I changed skin flashed and then changed skin back. Though flashing on the fly was brilliantit saved all settings and updated from openatv6.3 on one partiton to 6.4 :smiley:

You should skip the intialise stage
Complete later when everything is set up
Remember to restart your Gui after you have
Intialised your device
Thanks! I'll try that.

I managed to reply to myself earlier instead of to you when you encouraged me to do a re-flash by USB. Thank you, as that is a good video.

Never factory reset you give yourself more
Problems If you can excess the reciever by
Filezilla you could copy your line details
And save it in notepad + Then flash your reciever by u.s.b Remember the h9 combo
Twin uses e.mc recovery file +the h9 combo file This link might help

Hi

Please im having problem with my zgamme box H9 Twin . I updated some updates online , and ask me to restart the box which i did. The box has been stalked on boot with red light since then. I tried to flash it , it will show flash but changes to red with boot.

Kindly advise please.

cheers.

Hi

Please im having problem with my zgamme box H9 Twin . I updated some updates online , and ask me to restart the box which i did. The box has been stalked on boot with red light since then. I tried to flash it , it will show flash but changes to red with boot.

Kindly advise please.

cheers.
Use a different USB
Make sure you format it (FAT32) before you put the flash files on it

Have you watched the video in post 4?
All the info is there,make sure you put the right files on your usb.
Although this video is for openatv 6.3 it is the same way for 6.4 as I did it yesterday on my h9 twin following the instructions.

Still not flashing. Been stuck on red light boot after showing flash .
You posted this less than three minutes after my advice.
Are you absolutely positive you got a different USB.
Then formatted it in the pc using FAT32.
Then put the flash files on it and tried flashing it.
And typed out the above post in less than three minutes?
If you did, try a different USB, then a different one and so on until it flashes

Have you watched the video in post 4?
All the info is there,make sure you put the right files on your usb.
Although this video is for openatv 6.3 it is the same way for 6.4 as I did it yesterday on my h9 twin following the instructions.
Have watched the video more than 10 times. Done the process. But this us notba new box, been using it before till yesterday that i updated some updates and stuck on red light boot since then. I have been trying to reflash it. Its just showing flush and turn to red light boot again. So I'm just confused.

Have watched the video more than 10 times. Done the process. But this us notba new box, been using it before till yesterday that i updated some updates and stuck on red light boot since then. I have been trying to reflash it. Its just showing flush and turn to red light boot again. So I'm just confused.
It does that when it's not recognising the USB.
Which is why I told you to use a different one.
Get a SanDisk from Asda for about £7

Have you tried flashing using the front usb slot?
Remove your hdd from rear when doing this.
What size usb are you using?

Back