Zgemma H9 Twin - Will not upgrade

Hi Ferret
i installed a new copy of openatv 7.1 then used putty to install the command for xe as you said - it installed xe 3.2.2 - this gave a code 7C7D16FC
when i tried to enter this code into my xteam-editor it states that this code is Invalid

Do you have a link to a working xe app to use on openatv 7.1 - or will xe not work on open atv 7.1 ????
These are the correct putty command for XE

# Python Version 2.7.x (OpenATV 6.4)
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "https://xeev.app/files/ipk/2.7.18.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

# Python Version 3.9.x (OpenATV 7.0)
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "https://xeev.app/files/ipk/3.9.5.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

# Python Version 3.10.x (OpenATV 7.1)
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "https://xeev.app/files/ipk/3.10.5.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

# Python Version 3.11.x (Openvix 6.3, OpenATV 7.2)
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "https://xeev.app/files/ipk/3.11.1.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

I would probably use Openatv 7.2 and I and I'm pretty sure that your issue with your code not authorizing is you need to set your XE plugin to use V3 to yes,if it is set to use V2 your code will not authorize. Most suppliers are now using V3. Go to XE downloader on your box and the first line where it says use V3 make sure this is set to yes. Then your code will authorize.

Last edited:
This thread has been a big help, thank you. I have to rebuild my H9S as it’s gone on the blink. What is the current best option to install and operate Xtream plug ins, i was previously using ATV 6.4 and whooshbuild infinity but guessing that’s now well old hat? Cheers for any help 🙏👍
If you are looking for a pre built image which is still supported then not really a huge choice. Whoosh and grog are no longer updated and all new images are python 3 now those older builds only work on python 2. Its paramount you keep a usb mounted in the h9s box at all times the memory on those is tiny.

Willobuild is fully supported has all the latest skins and plugins pre installed might be worth you trying that out.

WilloBuild OpenViX 6.4 Series

I had issues with XE(Xeev) on Open Atv not pulling epg(don't know if anyone else has had this issue) so I now use Openvix 6.4 with Jedi plugin for my live tv and Xstreamity for my vod and catch up tv and I find this is a far better setup than using XE(Xeev). I have attached Instructions for Jedi and Xstreamity if anyone wants to try it. It also explains how to setup your epg and how to install service app if you want to use exteplayer3. Instructions are just in notepad so you can download and print instructions. You will need your m3u address if using this method.

Attachments

• Enigma 2 Jedi Maker Xtream Install Instructions.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ENIGMA 2 XSTREAMITY PLUGIN INSTRUCTIONS.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This thread has been a big help, thank you. I have to rebuild my H9S as it’s gone on the blink. What is the current best option to install and operate Xtream plug ins, i was previously using ATV 6.4 and whooshbuild infinity but guessing that’s now well old hat? Cheers for any help 🙏👍
Yes wooshbuild and grogbuild are both outdated now as they only work on atv 6.4

Use a newer openatv image and then use the appropriate command posted above by @formandvoid to match the atv image you have installed in order to install the correct plugin version.
Everything changed after 6.4

If you are looking for a pre built image which is still supported then not really a huge choice. Whoosh and grog are no longer updated and all new images are python 3 now those older builds only work on python 2. Its paramount you keep a usb mounted in the h9s box at all times the memory on those is tiny.

Willobuild is fully supported has all the latest skins and plugins pre installed might be worth you trying that out.

WilloBuild OpenViX 6.4 Series
Box now up and running, big thanks for all the pointers on here👏👏👏 I ended up using Willobuild which was excellent to set up, especially with the help sheet. Added the Xtream plug ins via putty after and everything is back in business. I hadn’t realised that there were different lines to use depending on which python had been installed, learning all the time 😁 Thanks guys and I’m sure this will help others facing a box crash and fresh install.

Box now up and running, big thanks for all the pointers on here👏👏👏 I ended up using Willobuild which was excellent to set up, especially with the help sheet. Added the Xtream plug ins via putty after and everything is back in business. I hadn’t realised that there were different lines to use depending on which python had been installed, learning all the time 😁 Thanks guys and I’m sure this will help others facing a box crash and fresh install.
Keep a usb mounted in the box at all times job done (y)

Glad you got it sorted. I would probably advise you to do an image backup so if you get any issues you can just restore your setup.

Back