zgemma images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazace

I'm new to this forum and want to get an image for vix for a Zgemma H2s. Can someone help me out here? Thanks

If you look in the downloads section tab at the top of the page, you will find a vix image for your box in the zgemma firmware section.

There is no support for VIX on Zgemma boxes so you will not be able to update online,if you try you might brick the box.Wooshman has a new OpenATV build for the H2S which lets you put in line details by USB so no more fiddling with FTP plus on line updates.Worth thinking about.

It seems so easy to brick these boxes its putting me off flashing anything. Ive no problem flashing phones & always ready warnings about bricking phones but never had any hassel with them. I have a few f5s and a v8s box all bricked and unrecoverable. Are they just delicate or something?

I downloaded the vix image from the downloads section. Put it on a usb and booted the box up with the use in. Flashed within 30 secs. Ftped in with FileZilla and change a line with notepad. All went fine
thanks

it sounds straight forward to do.
I don't like to ask silly questions but is the vix image like a rom? And the only thing not supported on it for Zgemma box is the update option?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

It's a zip fie. You just copy the files to usb. Don't know about updates though. Guess you have to re flash it?

Yes. U reflash anytime u think theres something worth updating.
The zip contains a folder called zgemma. This and its contents go on usb. Box off. Usb in. Box on. Should flash. But thats where the fun begins if it doesnt lol

In atv u can online update but with the amount of probs in that itself i would leave it also til u hear somethings new

hi whats the difference between an image backup and the backup manager backup? does one back up the image obviously and the other does this back up all the settings aswell

Someone who takes the raw image released by the group uses the image manager backup option to make a image backup of their box and shares it. Its not doing much other than setting up their home box the way they like and sharing.

Thanks man. I always back up the image but was wondering what the difference is. Cheers for the reply.

---------- Post Merged at 10:24 PM ----------

Sorry now last question. If your flashing the image through ftp do u put the zip file in the image backup folder and then restore the image from the box

The zip u download. It contains
Zgemma folder
Openatv labelled zip.
Put the openatv labelled zip in /hdd/imagebackups. If folders not there create it

---------- Post Merged at 10:29 PM ----------

Then
Menu
Setup
Vix
Imagemanager
Blue to restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back