ZGEMMA Problem

Kenkidd

Hi all,

I have a major problem with my ZGEMMA H7C.

When I bought my first ZGEMMA, it came with Whooshbuild installed and a 500gb external hard drive that was already set up.

Recently this drive has been playing up (disconnecting for no reason and folders disappearing to name a couple).

Today it decided to crash whenever I tried to play recorded programmes and, in trying to sort this out, I have somehow managed to delete everything on the drive (I know, IDIOT is the least of what I called myself)!!!

I thought that reinstalling Whooshbuild Infinity might solve my problem but even that won’t load (see screenshot)

From my computer it is showing 2 folders on the box Harddisk and Root. Harddisk is empty and if clicked just disappears but Root seems to be OK.

Recordings from the TV are now going to media/usb in Root but I can no longer download from Streamlord etc.

Any help or advice to get mr out of this would be very much appreciated.

Ken

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 19.31.20.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 19.31.20.png
    116 KB · Views: 20
Try initilise the drive.

Then mount it.
Thanks for that Ferret but when I try to initialise it I get a software error blue screen. Out of interest, I couldn't find anywhere on the Menu to mount or unmount the drive, so could you point me to where (in case I can get that far)?
Ken

I used to have a similar problem with hard drive on H7s, It would just disappear and reappear randomly, it's usually a sign of a reflash required! Make sure you are up to date on Openatv or in my case moving to Openvix sorted it!

I used to have a similar problem with hard drive on H7s, It would just disappear and reappear randomly, it's usually a sign of a reflash required! Make sure you are up to date on Openatv or in my case moving to Openvix sorted it!
Thanks Toddy2, I was trying to avoid refreshing, it usually takes me ages!
Ken

Thanks Toddy2, I was trying to avoid refreshing, it usually takes me ages!
Ken
Try another build on reflash! I'm not a fan of builds, I use openvix and select one of there skins
Grogbuild and Willobuild are on here and are well supported and compatible with your box, Just check in resources to see how to,

Thanks for that Ferret but when I try to initialise it I get a software error blue screen. Out of interest, I couldn't find anywhere on the Menu to mount or unmount the drive, so could you point me to where (in case I can get that far)?
Ken
Blue button > Mounts > Device Manager

Try another build on reflash! I'm not a fan of builds, I use openvix and select one of there skins
Grogbuild and Willobuild are on here and are well supported and compatible with your box, Just check in resources to see
Blue button > Mounts > Device Manager
Thanks guys.
Had a look earlier at Grogbuild Toddy2 and tried to get it via Terminal but got an error come up saying it couldn't download the file. The instructions looked very complicated for me to follow (an age thing!).
Found the button Ferret. Will give it a try tomorrow as have a recording to do tonight.
My thanks to both for the help.
Ken

it will need the setup reversing before redo ,mount + swap needs deleteing then it shud reinitialise n should b set to media/hdd not usb

Thanks guys.
Had a look earlier at Grogbuild Toddy2 and tried to get it via Terminal but got an error come up saying it couldn't download the file. The instructions looked very complicated for me to follow (an age thing!).
Found the button Ferret. Will give it a try tomorrow as have a recording to do tonight.
My thanks to both for the help.
Ken
It won't download unless it has space on the usb/HDD.
You need to initialise the usb before running the command line using terminal.
Then the box flashes automatically after you answer a few on-screen questions

It won't download unless it has space on the usb/HDD.
You need to initialise the usb before running the command line using terminal.
Then the box flashes automatically after you answer a few on-screen questions
aye but if its setup as he says its wrong ,, so needs swap n mount deleting n redoing how it should be usb/hdd means initialised only ,, to many think oh setup ,when its not ,suppose its down to knowing what your doing

I've never had to mount a usb manually using openatv, I think it must do it automatically?
I just initialise it and it's good to go for downloading, recording and storing EPG etc

I've never had to mount a usb manually using openatv, I think it must do it automatically?
I just initialise it and it's good to go for downloading, recording and storing EPG etc
youv seen my way many times that i posted like and allways worked 4 me n my customors ,so i wont diagree with you bud or agree ,suppose its each to there own

I'm glad the guys have got together to help you out, but one has to wonder what a Zgemma problem has to do with the amico section.
Please be more careful in future, or else you may find your thread gets deleted.

THREAD MOVED.

For the record, I talked to Wooshman earlier about something else, and he told me not to upgrade ATV beyond 6.2, as the whole thing is unstable (i may be using words he didn't i told him i had ATV 1.1) lol

the issue in the ops image suggests the internal memory is full which is why f all is working.

Your best bet would be to download and flash the latest nightly build of ATV using a usb stick. Once flashed, remount/initialise your hdd and then either do the wooshbuild or grogbuild freerange setup and you should be good to go.

the issue in the ops image suggests the internal memory is full which is why f all is working.

Your best bet would be to download and flash the latest nightly build of ATV using a usb stick. Once flashed, remount/initialise your hdd and then either do the wooshbuild or grogbuild freerange setup and you should be good to go.
Thanks for that grog68.
I'm not sure what's going on at the moment as yesterday a recording was saved to media/usb under Root but one I did last night seems, somehow, to have resurrected the hard drive and saved it there.
I don't see how it did it, I can only assume that the drive was only hidden, not lost.
Totally confused now, so I think I will do a refresh anyway and also reinstall Whooshbuild (sorry, but I've done it a few times, so sort of used to it) and see if I can get everything back as it was.
Ken

Back