Zgemma s2 usb info

james15

Just wondering, do I need to leave a usb in the box after I have put the woosh build on an sorted my line out ? If so what for?

Thanks!

Hi James

The short answer is yes you need to leave it in.

The explanation
If you followed the instructions to the letter, you will have a USB in the rear port which you initialised and created a swap file on. When you restarted the box at that point, the box created 2 folders, one called movies and the other called timeshift.

Everytime you go to a channel, you have the ability to rewind the program back to when you first changed channel. This is called timeshift. Some will say this in not needed and can be turned off, but WooshBuild tires to emulate a sly box and this feature is standard.

The movie folder is where recorded programs are saved

Your swap file helps to keep your box running with enough memory and is stored on the USB.
Picons & EPG data can also be stored on the USB.

Those are the main reasons to have the USB plugged in al the time.

Thanks mate, I used one that wasn't very big you see. I will buy another usb stick later bout 8gb enough?

Also do I just create another swap file?

Regards jamss

the size of the hdd/usb is down to how much you think you will record/download films via IPTV, IF you dont wish to save anything for watching later you dont need a huge drive, I have a 1tb in the main room for the Mrs that gets used but 1tb is extreme overkill, I also have another in my man cave with a 16gb usb stick & its perfect for what I need as dont record much on that box.

Yes you will need to perform the HDD steps again from the guide....initialize drive then create swap file plus epg, picons etc if you use them

Thanks beaky ! What a nickname as well !

I will be getting stuck into the IPTV side over weekend I think is there a nack to this ?

Also wooshman your build is brilliant mate perfect for what I wanted so thanks for this its appreciated!

Yes you will need to perform the HDD steps again from the guide....initialize drive then create swap file plus epg, picons etc if you use them

The only thing I would say in addition to Beaky's post is that it is easier to do the above with the original USB still in the back port and use initialise the new USB in the front. This way the box will not complain telling you that it cannot unmount etc.

Once you have initialised and created the swap file put the box into Deep Standy. Remove the original USB stick, put the new usb in the back usb port and then restart the box.
Then as per Beaky, check the EPG location ( see step 5 of instructions ) and do picons again if you use them.

H mate, I have tried this method but it has not worked. I tried pausing an re winding and it wouldn't any ideas? There was a thing that popped up but I re done the swap then it don't come up. Just don't work ha ha

James15 When ever I have installed a new HDD (initialize, create swap file, epg etc) I have needed to go to Mount manager & change the mount from from dev/sda1 to media/HDD to get the timeshit (pause,play.ff.rw) to work.
I am not using Wooshmans build but I am on the same OpenATV build so mount manager should be:-

menu/info panel, plugins/mount manager...green button to set up mounts

Back