Zgemma star 2s boot problem

Hello,

I am a complete noob and hope someone can give me some helpful advice. The box Zgemma star 2s has been working fine for a week but now all it does is say 'Boot' on the front and shows an OpenVix splash screen. What do i need to do to get it back up and running.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, Thanks for getting back to me. I bought it online preset up and it was working great, is it just a matter of putting an image onto a usb and flashing and it will be up and running again?

Yeah which is where i think it has all gone wrong! There was no manual with it and the EPG was not working / nothing showing. I went into the menu and hit update and all is as above.

Great, thank you very much for your help i will give it a go. One further question will i have to get another gift or will that still be stored?

Did you try and update the software from your box? You can't do that as the zgemma range is not officially supported by OpenVix, you need a patched image to flash. Do as Buckham_uk says and flash your box again, don't forget to backup your line first

openvix dont support zegemma boxes they only support boxes with broadcom chipset if i remember correct so its an addapted image as such your probably better off with the atv image i think and copy your gift file to pc first so you can ftp it into box again after new image installed

I have downloaded filezilla and connected an ethernet to the box but i have no way of seeing what the ip address is. Is there a general one set as default? I have read that username might be 'Root'.

root/dreambox user pass

usually first 192.168 are same after that its a trial and error upto 192.168.255.255 from 01.01 mines normally between 192.168.01.04 and 01.28
hope this helps

In filezilla, where it wants the IP address or server name type: zgemmas2s

Providing your home network is a windows standard network and not set to bloody homegroup or whatever you will connect.

You are right with root being the username.

So server: zgemmas2s
username: root
password: leave blank

You can always try pinging your box from a cmd prompt:
ping zgemmas2s
which will then give you the ip address.

If it's stuck at boot then you almost certainly won't be able to ftp to it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not true ive ftp with boxes on boot

I'd be very pleased to be proved wrong - but there can't be an ftp daemon running at that point so I struggle to see how it would work. I'll watch the outcome of this op eagerly as I could have solved a few issues in the past if it does work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back