zgemma star 2s not connecting to ftp

Try dreambox control centre, if you do when you first use it look on the right hand side, half way up (or down) where it say sprache, that's the language bit, just change deutsche to English.

Check ip address of box Menu >Information > Network Type in ip address in Host Username root Then quick connect
Your box may have changed ip address since last time you used it

Hi i can't connect zgemma2 h1 via ftp only connect box if I use in my house if try to connect from my house to friend house can't connect can someone help me pkz thanks

does anyone know why i can't connect to my zgemma ??
thanks in advance

Looking at that screenshot it looks like your trying to ftp to your computers IP address rather than your internal networks zgemma ip address.

As mentioned above your ip address can be found via menu...information...network.
Type this ins your ftp, with the username as root and the password blank.

---------- Post Merged at 10:02 AM ----------

Hi i can't connect zgemma2 h1 via ftp only connect box if I use in my house if try to connect from my house to friend house can't connect can someone help me pkz thanks

I think you are getting confused, or I am getting confused. Your ip address for your zgemma can only be accessed from your home network. It's relevant to your wifi.

i.e Your router allocates IP addresses to every device on your network. i.e

Your hub might be 192.168.1.1

your phone might be 192.168.1.2

your zgemma might be 192.168.1.3

You cannot access these outside of your own wifi.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I had the exact same issue, tried FileZilla and DDC to no avail. Ended up reflashing with Sucmnsee image then it worked fine. No idea why but it worked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the exact same issue, tried FileZilla and DDC to no avail. Ended up reflashing with Sucmnsee image then it worked fine. No idea why but it worked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the same for me, no idea why I cannot connect to it but I just can't. Weird. Can't even ping it on my own internal network yet the box itself connects to network services no problem at all. I just cannot connect to it. Oh well, re-flash here we go!

same issues, would prefer not to re-flash.
correct IP address from box.
box works great, looking to add vpn to box and maybe do some editing with echannelizer.
PuTTy say's password incorrect
filezilla fails to connect
echannelizer fails to connect.
any advice ?

Try this mate, in PuTTy, type in your box IP address, select telnet.

Open telnet and type in the username: root

For the password type: passwd

Then enter your new password and confirm.

This worked when I was looking at a friends box who had bought it fully loaded from a supplier. The supplier must have changed the password so he couldn't meddle with his box.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

try a software update, atv had issues a week or so ago with some of the network functions.

Download Dream Explorer. Navigate to Var/Etc and scroll down and delete the files Passwrd and Passwrd- if both are there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

software on box is updated, update daily.
have remove files using dream explorer.
box has been restarted.
FTP is running
still same login error using Putty
filezilla returns this:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Just root for login
Password tried leaving it blank
Tried root
Tried zgemma
Tried zgemma h2s
Tried capitals
Tried first letter capital
Same error in all cases.
I bought the box second hand a year ago with around ten months CS still on it. Put IPTV on to run alongside new CS service. Wanted to add VPN and do some editing with echannelizer but just can't get connected to the box.

Just root for login
Password tried leaving it blank
Tried root
Tried zgemma
Tried zgemma h2s
Tried capitals
Tried first letter capital
Same error in all cases.
I bought the box second hand a year ago with around ten months CS still on it. Put IPTV on to run alongside new CS service. Wanted to add VPN and do some editing with echannelizer but just can't get connected to the box.
Have you tried enabling Samba in network menu?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back