Paul Smith fashion question

loncell

TK Veteran
Does anyone know if Paul Smith ever collaborated with another person named Smith back in the middle to late 1980's and did a range called "Smith & Smith" ?
I've googled it but I can't see anything

Does anyone know if Paul Smith ever collaborated with another person named Smith back in the middle to late 1980's and did a range called "Smith & Smith" ?
I've googled it but I can't see anything
There is no mention of it on his Wikipedia page but I suppose that’s not always accurate lol.
I don’t remember tbh as I did buy some Paul Smith gear back in the late 80’s and into the 90’s.

Last edited:
I bought a few things way back in the day before I was married that's when I had money. I would always buy nice swag on a Friday from a local independent designer mens clothes store.

Anyway, while clearing out in the loft there was a sports bag with some bits in. One was a Matinique shirt with about a 100 pleats down the front and a Smith & Smith silk super loud tie. I always remember buying the tie and the shop owner said it was by Paul Smith and another guy named Smith who Paul Smith was collaborating with but for only a short period of time.
At the time It cost me about £40 so it wasn't cheap back in the say. I then remember reading something some years ago about another guy Paul Smith worked with before they split.

I've done the same and searched everywhere on the net but there's no mention. I knew the shop owner and he knew his stuff so I've no reason to doubt what he said was bull.

There is a Smith & Smith in Bridport that sells clothes older stuff so I'm wondering if it's one of there's and the guy was talking testicles

I still have a Paul Smith mug.. The mug has done more miles than Judith Charmers.

Attachments

• IMG_20240413_160156.jpg
    IMG_20240413_160156.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240413_160042.jpg
    IMG_20240413_160042.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Back