Zgemma Star H1 Help with setting up an N line

On your openbox place USB in back Menu / Dump by USB / change image by pressing right to Misc files / keep going down to Mg camd newcamd list Green to ad yellow to dump If using Vix hades back up there is a idiots guide page 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi tich,

thanks for the quick reply. i have been told the box (to be delivered) will come with openATV, is the process still the same?

very new to all this as i purchased the openbox all prepared but realise i want a proper recording box and the seller wants to charge an extra £20 to transfer my old mgcam to the new box or for me to buy a new mgcam.

complete novice so all help would be appreciated.

Sorry to say he is trying to rip you off it takes about a minute to do once set up The box will turn up with Atv as the image which will be out of date There are 2 back up images in the downloads Mtpockets Atv and Sucmnsee Vix hades both with instructions I prefer the hades image myself but it's your choice if you need help setting up just PM me including your line will charge nothing

Hi all
Can anyone help ?? Iv got a box h1 with vm and server...i need to put my sly cline in too the box from my old blade bm7000 so i can have sly running aswell as vm.... Any help how to do this would be great as the server who supplies my vm wants £10 to do this for me... Thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 05:53 AM ----------

Ps forgot to say its running hades vix
Thanks again

hi spent most of last night trying to get my n line working. My box came with the openvix preinstalled my n line provider give me the mgconf file and the newcamd.list. These are saved on my pc as notepad docs do I take the extension of txt of them before ftp them to the box? I have tried them different ways and still to no avail.

I have attached the 2 files needed, just open newcamd.list in text editor or noptepad ++ , edit the line and input your server and ftp mg_cfg and newcamd.list to usr/keys (var folder is just a shortcut to usr/keys), once copied over, press your blue button, softcams, select mgcamd and press green to start, or yellow to restart, if it doesnt work then you may need a reboot

View attachment 12932
Fascinating reading this information around setting up the Zgemma H1 box. I'm pretty new to the whole process, it very frustrating trying to understand all the techie talk......but we old pensioners never give up. Hopefully I might crack it before the telegram come from her majesty. Seriously, a great big thanks to everyone who leaves a contribution, regardless of it not meaning a lot to me:( I think if I spend another week trying to sort it out I might well be looking for a smart tekkie person to come and earn some bucks (Medway area)

not having luck with CCcam so swapped over to ngcamd 1.38

am I right in putting the newcamd list which shows
N: ############## 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
N: ############## 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
into the newcamd.list at var/keys

then the mgcamd which shows
CWS = ############# 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
into the CCcam.cfg file in etc folder

I'm on openvix 3.2.00.7
---------------
working ok, so got it right :)

Last edited:
Can someone please help me with this? I can't get mgcamd to work at all. I'm using openvix image. I downloaded the two files posted in this thread. So am I right that I don't need to edit the mgcam file? I just copy that to the keys locations or is it etc on vix?

The only file I should edit is the newcamd.list and I should put my server details in there?

Thank you

I did. Can I put n line ok into the newcamd.list? It should work right?

It is really bugging me. What is the correct location for both files using openvix image?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Usr/ keys if using Mg cams and etc if using CC cam Is you line a N line

I know this sounds stupid but I'm going through step by step and you tell me is correct. Openvix image with mgcamd installed.

Download the two files mgcam and newcamd.list.

Put my n line server details into the newcamd.list and leave the mgcam file alone.

Place both into usr/keys

This should then work on restart and reboot?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back