2021 Champions League Final

Great win for Chelsea, tuchel tactics were spot on!! He's made that defence solid! Werner should have had 2 but again he misses easy chances, I think he could go in the summer, but congratulations to Chelsea glad they won it!!

Great win for Chelsea, tuchel tactics were spot on!! He's made that defence solid! Werner should have had 2 but again he misses easy chances, I think he could go in the summer, but congratulations to Chelsea glad they won it!!
Yeah werner should've had 2 was great to see roman at the ground celebrating with team can't Beleive that was 1st time Tuchel had met abromovich he deserves a longer contract for sure.
Hopefully silva agrees to 1 year contract extension I feel for lampard been sacked but doubt we would've made it to top 4 and been/won a champions league final

pep is such an egotistical try hard.

he HAD to be the man, innit

the equivalent would be tuchel leaving out kante in order to prove what a generational, 3d-chess playing, galaxy-brained genius he is.

he does it in every european big game for city, he pulls some rabbit out of the bag: ohhh false nine, inverted full backs, top goal scorer as the defensive pivot muhahah.

yeah whilst your two best defensive midfielders were on the bench and your three best attacking ones scattered across the pitch out of their normal positions, kante and mount ran amock

pep is such an egotistical try hard.

he HAD to be the man, innit

the equivalent would be tuchel leaving out kante in order to prove what a generational, 3d-chess playing, galaxy-brained genius he is.

he does it in every european big game for city, he pulls some rabbit out of the bag: ohhh false nine, inverted full backs, top goal scorer as the defensive pivot muhahah.

yeah whilst your two best defensive midfielders were on the bench and your three best attacking ones scattered across the pitch out of their normal positions, kante and mount ran amock

He's making a habit of tinkering with the system and who fits where in the big games in Europe.

If he stuck to his guns and kept a similar team to the one that beat PSG maybe the outcome would have been different.

It was a bold decision to go with that starting 11 but imo Guardiola has earned the right to make that call. For me the arrogance was in not changing things when it obviously wasn't working. That cost the City fans and whilst Pep has won it before and no doubt will again, this was their first big shot at the biggest prize in club football and they've waited a while for that chance.

i'm not convinced he has earned that right

he has dominated the carabou cup, largely as he is the only club above derby county who fields a full strength team in that competition

and his league success has always been commensurate with his spending advantage.

in europe he has stunk the place out tactically.

and its the two legged ties in the CL that are the equivalent of test matches or championship time control chess. it's where the top coaches get to shine tactically. and it is on that stage he has been below lackluster - even with the best squads in the competition.

Can't really knock their spending these days imo. It's not like they're blowing other big clubs out of the water by spending way above what anyone else can afford - the owners of those clubs are choosing to invest minimally in the playing squads regardless of what City do.

I'm not knocking their spending, they make a profit despite it, but it's as big a reason for their dominance as pep.

And he's constantly failed in the business end of the world's elite club format. When he's not coming up against thinkers like Bruce and budgets like Brighton he struggles

he's constantly failed in the business end of the world's elite club format. When he's not coming up against thinkers like Bruce and budgets like Brighton he struggles

I'm not sure if I'm missing your point entirely so please forgive me...

Money talks but doesn't always mean success. Saying a big part of Peps dominance is money driven is valid but look at big spenders PSG this season Flopped in the Farmers league and Pochettino got school by the man himself Pep in the Semi Finals. Half a billion spent on Neymar and Mbappe and nothing to show for it.

Back to the Champions League, Zidane currently holds the record as the Manager with the most champions leagues along with Ancelotti [3] Pep is 1 away from matching that record. Not sure I’d class that as constantly failing. Unless your talking about something entirely different?

Regardless to Champions League Pep has been a manger for just over a decade. His current record speaks volumes. I mean 3 League Titles in 3 different countries in just over a decade is superb.

3 La Liga Titles
3 Bundesliga Titles
3 Premier League Titles
2 Champions League
Several Super Cups
Several EFL Cups
2 Copa Del Ray
2 DFB Pokal
FA Cup
Several Fifa World Cups
List goes on......

Last edited:
Won as many Champions League's already as Alex Ferguson did in his entire career. Not sure that ranks as constant failure tbh.

Ferguson had a Managerial Career just shy of 40 Years. Pep currently has had just over a quarter of that. And like you said, has already matched Fergie on the Champions League front. Fergie is heavily regarded as the greatest ever.....

You could say pep is the greatest ever with what he's achieved from been a young manager.
Where ever he goes he's bound to win titles money dosnt buy you success all the time you could have Messi Ronaldo neymar iniesta xavi ramos ect all the supposed best players in the world in 1 team would that mean they would win everything absaloutly NOT!!!

I'm not sure if I'm missing your point entirely so please forgive me...

Money talks but doesn't always mean success. Saying a big part of Peps dominance is money driven is valid but look at big spenders PSG this season Flopped in the Farmers league and Pochettino got school by the man himself Pep in the Semi Finals. Half a billion spent on Neymar and Mbappe and nothing to show for it.

Back to the Champions League, Zidane currently holds the record as the Manager with the most champions leagues along with Ancelotti [3] Pep is 1 away from matching that record. Not sure I’d class that as constantly failing. Unless your talking about something entirely different?

Regardless to Champions League Pep has been a manger for just over a decade. His current record speaks volumes. I mean 3 League Titles in 3 different countries in just over a decade is superb.

3 La Liga Titles
3 Bundesliga Titles
3 Premier League Titles
2 Champions League
Several Super Cups
Several EFL Cups
2 Copa Del Ray
2 DFB Pokal
FA Cup
Several Fifa World Cups
List goes on......
all that domestic success is commensurate with the financial dominance of the clubs he has managed.

barca, city and bayern all had domestic success before him. bayern seem to not have missed him. barca have won multiple league and domestic trophies since he left. both bayern and barca have won the champions league post pep

barca are now in financial ruin and they performances reflect that. city will have domestic sucess post pep. nothing he has achieved is out of line of expectation domestically.

money does not guarantee success but wage bill has the strongest correlation to success out of any other variable

since he left barca, he has performed badly in europe in terms of tactics. pretty much all his exits came after he made big alterations to formation and personnel. its hard to argue that he has been successful for the last decade

indeed all his eurppean wins where with barca. when he was there they had brought through xavi, iniesta, busquets and messi and would have had success under allardyce with that rosta of free talent to go with premium signings like henry, villa, ibra etc etc.

indeed all his eurppean wins where with barca. when he was there they had brought through xavi, iniesta, busquets and messi and would have had success under allardyce with that rosta of free talent to go with premium signings like henry, villa, ibra etc etc.

At United they had the famed Class of '92 all blooded at the same time yet that's seen as a compliment to the club, not used to cheapen their success.

At United they had the famed Class of '92 all blooded at the same time yet that's seen as a compliment to the club, not used to cheapen their success.
i havent mentioned united.

and it doesnt cheapen their success as much as go a long way to explain it.

also also ferguson's last CL win i think only scholes was a class of 92 - it was yet another iteration of ferguson.

tactically pep has been miserable in europe since he left xavi, iniesta and messi behind.

domestically he has won with teams that are dominant financially and who have had huge successes before him and after him.

he's a great manager. but i do not buy the hype that he is way ahead of his peers, much less historically so

Pep could manage united, barca, real, juve ect.... and win most things 9 times out of 10, he's a top draw manager who manages the world's biggest football teams which in turn means they have money to spend, you can't turn round and compare pep if he went to Stoke lol its just not the way it works, he's top draw, and let's be honest, i think most united fans would want their club run like city's. Along with Chelsea, baz will tell you better then me, i dont know any Chelsea fan who dislikes Romans model

Also he will be judged on a career in 15 years time, I dont see him on the same level as Ferguson because fergi did it year in year out at the same club which I think is very difficult to do in the prem where as pep has moved from big clubs to big clubs

Also he will be judged on a career in 15 years time, I dont see him on the same level as Ferguson because fergi did it year in year out at the same club which I think is very difficult to do in the prem where as pep has moved from big clubs to big clubs

For me what set SAF apart was how many times his team evolved, always one eye on the future and leaving that legacy of a long period of dominance.

Back