3 usbs still wont flash zgemma h2

bazza1983

hi hope someone can help. Trying to flash a zgemma h2, it just boots everytime and never shows usb. tried every way done low level format and full windows fat32 format but still the same. tried a kingston , sandisk and vertabrim usb. i saw on sucumbansee that you can flash without a usb. The zgemma is on open atv if i can flash without usb would be great as im sick of buying usb sticks.

Hi did you ever get your h2 to flash if so how as I'm having the same problem

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Did you ever try pressing the power button on the front

Give us more info into what you tried
How is you file layout on your usb
Where is your firmware from
Is it the right firmware
Have your tried other firmware or build
So many things we need to know to help

Yes I went and got and 8gb SanDisk cruzer was a fiver at argos. Did it straight away so guess I was just unlucky with the sticks, I will just u use the cruzer in future

Yes ive held the power button on the front for 10 seconds nothing doing
The first image I tried wad succumsies thought is was something I'd done wrong
The image im trying now I don't know much about its from mate at work who has flashex many zgemmas and he says it will work on my box H2 for virmin

You dont the hold the power you press it until it says flsh
Some firmwares and builds come with a forced flash and others dont
So you need to kick it do do it
So you press thefront power button twice until it says flsh

Last edited:
See post #4 for solution.
I went thru' 4 x USB sticks and none would work, bought the 8gb Cruzer and they have worked first time, every time

Andy

Thanks guys I will try your advice later the stick I'm using is the same as bazza

Hi guys still having no luck in getting my box to flash I've tried holding the front power button in before I turn back on the box and it still boots back up

The correct procedure is as follows;
Power down the receiver
Place usb into the rear port (with no other usb or hard drives attached anywhere else)
Power on the receiver using the rear power button.
Look at the display when it says USB press the standby button on the front of the receiver.
Now it should say FLASH.
If none of this works you have a problem with the usb stick or the file format.

Tried all suggestions but it still wont come up with usb or flash with both sticks . I'm not meant to get rid of this fleabay image

Go to tesco, asda,argos, pcworld etc and buy a sandisk cruzer 8gb for £5 ish, delete the sandisk files on the USB, place the unzipped zgemma folder on the USb, with box powered off insert USB in rear of box, power on box, if the the front display shows USB then press the front power button on the box.

Thats excatly the stick im using and ive put the zgemma folder onto it but it will not show anything else on box apart from boot

No as far as I know it's not been formatted its been put on by a mate of mine who has flashed many zgemmas but only with sly because hes no cable to test

Bet you its the file and not the usbs.
When downloaded the backup image open the first folder inside should be a zgemma folder thats the one you want to copy to your usb.

Yes they are definitely the correct image for H2 downloaded from this forum

Back