1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access line details in backup?

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by Ballsy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ballsy

Ballsy Registered

Can you access the line details in a backup file without reflashing the box with the back-up?

2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    Yes, just extract the tar.gz backup file and it will be in /usr/keys. I use WinRAR.

3. djgarf

djgarf TK Veteran

Male
    Weston
    I'm thinking he means a full backup rather than a settings backup

4. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

make a folder on desktop folder with name of your box and date,inside have your newcamd.list mg_cfg and CCcamcfg inside.
    always to hand when needed simple.

5. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

{bus driver
    Dublin
    Ah yes simple, but unfortunately not an answer to the question.

On this one, I'm with Garf, I have been trying ot open the backup I have on my HDD and I just cannot do it, the settings one, yes it is just sitting there inside a rar file

6. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    There's no way that I know of to extract from an image file apart from flashing it.

Make an image of your box now and then flash the old image, extract your line and then flash back again.

7. Ballsy

Ballsy Registered

Thanks for the replies, it's not my box that I want to try and extract the details from. It's hard to help someone when I'm not physically present, even worse when I've not got access to my own box till I'm home.

I agree about having a back-up on pc (i personally do), guessing he thought it would be ok just by doing a backup before updating his box.