Adhering to forum rules

anto1969

Super Moderator
Staff member
TK Supporter
There was a Post made in one of the Starview threads here about me telling people to read forum rules and how if I stopped posting my irrelevant posts it would be more helpful to members.

Well the way I see it I am a moderator here on TK and to carry out the job as moderator is to keep threads on topic and tell people to follow the rules we have here. In carrying out these procedures it makes the site and forums a more enjoyable visit for all involved.

We have many long term members who log on to TK on a regular basis (Ally, Linny, Dee, Endo, Dan, wheelo, GM, Sinno etc etc to name a few), who do so to help or get help, say hello, have a bit of craic and don’t just log in when they have a problem or there box goes down. And to all our new members we welcome here regardless of what you seek here.

I along with admin and the other Mods who do a terrific job here try to keep TK as friendly a place for all who visit and if that means enforcing forum rules, telling someone off by means of an infraction well so be it, except the rules and corrections and move on.

The said member will not see this as they have since been banned, but I posted this for any one else who cares to read it, I am not explaining myself to anyone but for all to see the situation from my end. I have been giving a position here to carry out and I will continue to carry out (with the help and input of the other mods here) that task in the fairest way I have always done and according to the rules we have here on TK. :)

anto your work here and those of admin and the rest of the mods are appreciated by all who frequent techkings, don't let a few knobheads who can't adhere to rules get you down.

your doing a great job :)

Just to add to what Anto1969 has said above.

Moderators have rules here too and one of the steadfast ones is that all moderators decisions are final and fully backed at all times by both the other moderators and Administrator.

Users who flaunt the rules and suffer the consequences have been told often enough and will receive no recourse by complaining via PM or any other method to any of the other staff members here.

It couldn't be any more straight forward. The rules are there to be adhered to and believe it or not they apply equally to all members!

It has appeared to me at times that some individuals are of the misguided opinion that for some unexplained reason they may be exempt from the rules!!! but be assured that this is not the case.

Simply put,

Familiarise yourself with the rules (if you haven't already done so)

Abide by the rules

And if for whatever reason you decide to break any of the rules? Accept the consequences and move on or move out.

Aye it's pointless pm-ing me moaning about any Moderator here like members have done in the past because it will be ignored.

There decision is final and will not be undone by me ever :p.

I am sure I speak for the majority of members here when I say the jobs done by every single moderator here is very much appreciated indeed. I certainly would not want the job of moderator as I do not think I could put up with that uglier side for want of a better word, and therefore can well appreciate each and every moderator we have here on TK.

Also it is very hard sometimes to interprate communication by text in the manner it is meant, and I think anto is especially good at this and acts accordingly, this can not be an easy task. I would expect some people who have been banned and the like by any moderator etc have been hard done by, but that is unfortunately is going to happen from time to time as it is the nature of the beast sad as it may be.

I am not a member of many web sites, but the ones I am, the mods do not come close to the ones here on TK who interact with the members freely.
Keep up the good work anto and the rest of you, and do not be having any negative thoughts about what you are doing :)

Hope that keeps me in the good books for a week or two ;)

I feel i must add to the above! I have never been "told off" by a mod - because i have had no reason to BUT if for some reason there isa problem the "team" will talk to you and sort it out. However IF you are rude to them then expect a warning or worse.
The mods and team are here to help make this forum thew family place it is. Its a hard job i know being mod and admin on various reptile sites, Sometimes you just have to be nasty due to those nasty members you have to what you might call answer back!
As Jodav has said i would not like to be a moderator as i know how hard it can be, especailly when some people think that the team think they are above us and can do what they like ................... well is that not their job??? Thats one reason they were chosen for the job as The Owner of the site knows he can trust them to look after the place and put people in their place IF and when needed!

If EVERYONE bothered to read and abide by the rules there would be no need for a telling off - but unfortunately we know thats not the case!

So to members old and new! RESPECT YOUR MODS AND ADMIN They are what help keep TK the best forum for Technology on the web!!!
They are Human and do this out of love for each other in their spare time its NOT a 40k a yr job, but a hobby
Without them this place would have died before it started!

@Anto DONT let no one get you down!! you know you have people like some of the ones you mentioned that are with you 110% in what ever you do or say.

IF you upset our mods or admin you upset a vast majority of its members also!
TK IS A FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKE IT!!! everyone can be part of it

ps sorry for shouting but sometimes its needed :):)

Also it is very hard sometimes to interprate communication by text in the manner it is meant

jodav, that has to be one of the most accurate statements I've seen here in a while (y)

The written word can so often be misinterpreted and taken totally out of context :)

I remember when I became Mod here I asked if there were any "how to's" available and any list of instructions on how to moderate correctly, I posted a link to a set of do's and dont's I found on the vBulletin forum. Lord jayus I was nearly sacked on my first post lol The Admin and fellow Mods totally misunderstood what I was asking and thought I was questioning their method of doing things and that I was trying to introduce a new set of rules lol In fact I was totally new to moderating and hadn't a clue what I was supposed to be doing lol. I had to wear body armour and a tin hat for about a month after that LOL

I also think it's a very gracious thing to be big enough to accept a slap on the wrist when it's justified instead of going into bulldozer mode and trying to fight the whole world? Of course we all make mistakes and that can be a positive thing if people learn from it and move on ;)

the bottom line is ppl think mods are power mad etc an have it easy...i know from personal experience from when i was a mod over on s,kings what work is involved for mods an those who try say otherwise aint got a clue what time and effort u guys put in........

Sadly it's like most things in life, there are those who think the rules don't apply to them.
It's all about common sense and doing a little work before asking questions.
I think all the mods on here do a great job and are more than fair, if they discipline you for breaking the rules, deal with it and stop whining ;)

we have a great Admin (NOT) you know im kidding HT lol and awesome moderators on here. All whom are friendly and are willing to help you in every way possible on here

anto dont let them get to you. Ive stayed away for a while due to newcomers posting countless threads and in wrong sections as well.

anto dont let them get to you. Ive stayed away for a while due to newcomers posting countless threads and in wrong sections as well.

Its a good job that you are not a moderator, we cant have moderators running away now can we? Otherwise this place will become a starview warzone. lol

Dont take me the wrong way. ;) I couldn't handle the major responsibility that comes with being a moderator either. ;)

All the moderators here are doing a great job. :)

Last edited:
i wouldnt want to be a moderator, too much to do lol i'd end up in the hospital getting moderated lmao

yes anto,being a mod is like being the inside man at the skunk works lol.maybe i just grew up in stricter times but some of these people dont seem to regard rules as applying to them.i try not to take offense at anything.keep up the good work.Al.

HEY j4v3d,
never let newcomers make you stay away bud, you are part of TK as far as I am concerned.

PS: I have only got 5 friends and you are one of them lol

Last edited:
It is absolutely imperative to have rules, otherwise the place would be complete anarchy. as it is, the starview/cable section runs amok every now and again. I know very little about the starview, and what i do know I learnt by reading around here. generally the first post has all the info that is needed, and it can be a pain in the @rse reading through the threads when the questions are asked again and again, and answered again and again.
I haven't been given out to by any of the mods around here, as i read the rules, and do my best not to break any of them. I was once given out to by one of TK mods on another site, but that was because I double posted as I didn't know any better. Did I scream and shout the odds?, no I took what was said to me in the manner it was said.
To Anto and all the other mods, I am glad that you do the job that you do around here in the manner that you do, it always seems to me that it is fair and equal for everyone. We are all here to both learn and to help out, and if the family atmosphere around here is great.
As my Granny used to say, don't let the fookers get you down.

(y)

HEY j4v3d,
never let newcomers make you stay away bud, you are part of TK as far as I am concerned.

aww bless Jodav OK people Jodav NEEDS friends lol! ............cant have you with just 5 friends can we :) LOL!!!
But agree with what you said DONT let anyone keep you away from here. IF someone says summit to upset you use the report button ( if they are being nasty) or contact one of your buddies or a mod.
Yes we all have off days - thats what this room is for to Rant so people can listen and help maybe. But some have been nasty if they dont get the answer they want and if they dont get it instantly.!

As said we all come on here as and when we can for help and advice to to give out help and advice, we have all learnt form this site!
Hey sometimes we just come on here to chill, to share a joke or 2 or jsut to chat aobut a load of old rubbish, But thats what this community/family is all about being there and helping each other no matter how big or small!

Last edited:
HEY j4v3d,

it gets too cluttered so i tend to stay away, not get embroiled in the fiasco. I feel sorry for the mods. It only take 2 minutes to read the rules. Bloody starview, hope it sorts itself out because its starting to give people a breakdown lol

i feel privileged to be your friend, seems you are very picky LOL

Back