anybody know how to setup wireless dongle for ibox or zgemma

hi all,

looking to setup a wireless dongle with my zgemma s2, anybody got any ideas how to do this ?

the reason I ask this is because I want to have a box in my touring caravan so to connect to site wifi or my iphone.

thanks

simon

I'm sure you just plug the dongle into the back of the box and then change network settings to wirless, should just get the connection and work but don't quote me as only using ethernet on my box as I'm not posh enough for a touring caravan, just my 5star hotel like Bear Grills does lol

I'm sure you just plug the dongle into the back of the box and then change network settings to wirless, should just get the connection and work but don't quote me as only using ethernet on my box as I'm not posh enough for a touring caravan, just my 5star hotel like Bear Grills does lol

Hahaha ok cheers will give it a try but thought you needed to add drivers ?

like I said I not sure, I know my 3 dongle installs its own drivers when installled on my laptop for the first time thats why I suggested you just plug it in and see, check the network settings as it may pop someting up that helps with the install.

Hi, Can't get the Network wizard to work, just doesn't find the WiFi adapter, even though I have downloaded the correct drivers !!! has anyone got these boxes to work on WiFi??

Thanks scumnsee, actually managed to get a wifi dongle to work after trying 4 different chipsets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you advise as to how you got it working so that others who may want to use wifi can also get it up and running

Yeah, it was just a matter of finding a WiFi adapter with a chipset that matched a driver that was available in the plugin/drivers section then reboot with the adapter installed in the front USB and into the network settings and my router was available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, just found this thread through a search as i have just bought a 4g EE osprey mobile wifi router so that i can have a wifi network in my caravan when i go there at weekend. Now the next step is getting that connection to my zgemma enigma 2 box as there is no ethernet port on the router.
is one of these wifi adapter things mentioned above what i am looking for? Any help would be appreciated as I haven't a clue!
thanks in advance

Yup, this´ll work a treat. ralink drivers are available for your zgemma from the feeds if not already installed

I'm using the sucmnsee image, will the ralinks work on that? I also have a USB in the rear so will i be able to use the front USB port for this? Thanks

take a look yourself, go plugins, download plugins, drivers. I´m sure you will find Ralink there (unless there already installed)

Also if using the front usb and a caravan consider a mini WiFi adaptor, it´ll fit much neater. these Chinese things are also the Ralink chipset

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,418
Thank you! I have found the ralink driver in the plugins so will now order an adapter. Thanks alot for the help

one thing to look out for, open plugins again and this time select uninstall, go to the drivers section and look for any installed WiFi drivers (you may well have a Ralink driver allredy installed) if so test your new adaptor, if it works great, if not uninstall the driver and install the new one (there are at least 2 Ralink drivers, if one doesnt work the other will)

Hi, the Ralink adapter arrived yesterday but i am having trouble setting it up.
i have downloaded the relevant ralink driver through the plugins (the matching chipset)
but now i am not sure what to do? When i go in to network it still says LAN connection and I can't find how to change the network connection to wireless? Can anyone help me with where i am going wrong and what i need to do? Thanks

Back