anybody know how to setup wireless dongle for ibox or zgemma

that rather depends on the image you use, with some images there's a WiFi set-up utility built in, with others there's a plugin that can be installed to set-up your WiFi

I'm using the sucmnsee image and downloaded the relevant ralink driver from the plugins but i still can't work out how to set the wifi up.

anyway I tried a different method and connected the box up to my laptop through a bridge connection via ethernet cable and this worked fine through my BT home hub but then when i tried connect through my mobile wifi 4g router there was no internet signal being received on the box.

do you know if there is anything i am doing wrong or can these boxes not run off a 4g signal?

thanks

No idea, sorry. I´ve never used the scumsee image, a quick google suggests it´s an OpenVix based image. maybe googling WiFi on Vix will help

p.s. are you sure you have installed the correct driver for your dongle? and that no other drivers are installed that may conflict with it.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
I gents I've been trying to set up my zgemma s2 with skybox wifi adaptor but can't get it work wifi drivers installed running on vix, any help much appreciated

sorry mate not had time yet but basically i did ... menu/setup/system/network/device setup/then choose WLAN connection/

then choose scan wireless networks/select/highlight your wireless network and press green button on remote/ now you will see
user interface so just press the right arrow on remote and now make sure network name is the same as your wifi network/scroll down
to encryption and press right arrow on remote and here i chose WPA or WPA2 and the scroll down 1 to encryption key and put in your
wifi password using your ABC 123 keys on your remote and then press green to save/and now choose OK/yes to activate this network
now it will say a second configuration has been found so here i chose not to disable so i can swap between wifi and ethernet and when it
finishes restart the box

Never had much luck getting a reliable connection with any wifi dongle, One of those cheap repeaters available on a well known auction site for less than a tenner should work though, Then you get a Ethernet port to connect to the box.
Just ordered one to try it out....

For what it's worth I've tested this for a few days now and it works great, Much more reliable than those wifi dongle things....Looks like offloading wifi to the repeater and connecting the box via the Ethernet port is the way to go.

Last edited:
Thanks, i see the ones you mean now. Would this work for what i am wanting though? I am wanting to connect to one of the EE Osprey mobile 4g routers so that i can use my zgemma in my caravan

I've used these a lot for 'problem' wiring jobs but it's the first time I've tested them with Mifi, I used the 'EE 3G Mifi' and it works fine...Cant see why it won't work with any wifi setup, From the repeater menu just select your SSID and enter your password, All thats left to do then is connect your box to the repeater's Ethernet port.

Hope that helps...

oshea7 I´ve just pulled my old zgemma out of the cupboard for a play and installed OpenATV 5.1, as I have a small Wifi adaptor the same as the one I suggested earlier I thought I would give it a go, The drivers were pre installed in this image and the device was recognised and easily configured from within the Network settings menu, It took only a couple of mins to set up. Have you considered using an alternative image? If you change, you will probably want to install CrossEPG, Cool TV Guide and Autobouquers 28.2E from the plugins feed and maybe the BLUE HD skin (if you like the S*Y look) plus maybe a SoftCam. I personally prefer the clean look of the OpenATV image anyway.
You could even PM me to let me know what Cam you use and what TV region you favour and I could make you a backup of my image.

Just an idea

Thank you both for the replies. I have ordered a repeater so will try that first when it arrives and if that doesn't work i will look in to changing images as you suggest fingersd. I am in no rush at the minute as the caravan is now closed until March so will hopefully have something in place by the time it opens back up! Thanks again

Help mee

Hi basically am trying to setup ZGEMMA 2S STAR, with mini wireless adaptor, i plug it in, and found my wireless internet name but i could not see anywhere to add my password to connect to the internet wireless, what do i do or what is the step by step guide in doing these. any help will be appreciated thanks a lot in advance.........

WLAN saying Disconnected

sorry mate not had time yet but basically i did ... menu/setup/system/network/device setup/then choose WLAN connection/

then choose scan wireless networks/select/highlight your wireless network and press green button on remote/ now you will see
user interface so just press the right arrow on remote and now make sure network name is the same as your wifi network/scroll down
to encryption and press right arrow on remote and here i chose WPA or WPA2 and the scroll down 1 to encryption key and put in your
wifi password using your ABC 123 keys on your remote and then press green to save/and now choose OK/yes to activate this network
now it will say a second configuration has been found so here i chose not to disable so i can swap between wifi and ethernet and when it
finishes restart the box

when i do this Wireless still showing as disconnected when you do network test? and IP Address is showing as unconfirmed (DHCP enabled)

thanks
S

hi

i flashed my cloud ibox 2 plus yesterday with the sucmnsee 7/6/15 flash. it all seems to have went on well and stuff but i can neither get my wireless doggle or ethernet cable to work now. they did work before i flashed it but i am new to all this and trying to find my feet.

for the doggle its not even coming up as an option to find / allocate. and for the ethernet bit network wizard wont connect to internet and when i check it using scan it says lan connected etc but ip address unconfirmed.

can anyone help here , i have searched and read on this form for hours but nothing has came to the front.

thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 03:50 PM ----------

ps there is no option for a wireless scan no more either

Last edited:
Others have had problems getting Wifi working on the Scumsee Image due to drivers not being installed, as for your ethernet connection that's odd, reboot your router 1st Check DHCP is enabled within the receiver failing that it sounds like a bad flash, re-download and maybe try a different USB stick.
I can't be more constructive as I've only experience with the Zgemma and E3HD boxes.
Personally I prefer the clean OpenATV image with BMediaCentre, Cool TV Guide v7.3, filebrowser v2.0, XMLTV Import v1.0, XMLTV Import-Rytec, MGCamd v1.38-r1 with your choice of softcam and the optional "Blue Skin" if you like the S*k look, all from the ATV feeds

I reflashed with the updated sucmnsee image and all is great , must have been a bad install or just incompatible. thanks for all your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks first post so be gentle i was tinkering on zgemma with wifi adaptor and got it working,so follow these steps.
menu,setup,system,network,,device setup,WLAN connection, scan wireless connections find yours.
press green button,turn use interface from no to yes.
scroll to Encryption key enter you wifi password press the yes option a few times and wait for it to activate.

Hope this works.

Hi folks first post so be gentle i was tinkering on zgemma with wifi adaptor and got it working,so follow these steps.
menu,setup,system,network,,device setup,WLAN connection, scan wireless connections find yours.
press green button,turn use interface from no to yes.
scroll to Encryption key enter you wifi password press the yes option a few times and wait for it to activate.

Hope this works.

That's fine and good for you. The problem is usually getting the box to recognizes the USB dongle in the 1st place,
This is all dependent on the chip-set used in the WIFI dongle, the feeds carry drivers for 20-ish USB adaptor chipsets
Some work well, some need the installed drivers removed from the image prior to working, the best advice is to pay attention
when buying an adapter of the chipset used and check driver support before you buy

Back