anybody know how to setup wireless dongle for ibox or zgemma

Hi, quick update about the adapter i used it was the skybox adapter purchased on fleabay for a £5 it worked on my zgemma h1,don't no much about drivers but hope this helps someone.CHEER'S

i brought a wifi tp link dongle from argos for roughly just under £8.
just thought i would try it see what happens.
i didnt need to find any driver's.
just turned off box put tp link in restarted box,it found it first time no messing.
hope this helps.

just turned off box put tp link in restarted box,it found it first time no messing.
hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, being a curious type I downloaded the driver for your TP-LINK Mini N300 USB Wireless Adaptor
[h=3]142/0579[/h]
from argos and found it uses the Realtek RTL8192eu chipset and can confirm it is supported by
many Enigma2 images

this is the one i'm using below "belkin N150 Micro Wireless USB Adapter"

there was no setup for drives involved for me works like a charm...

---------- Post Merged at 03:11 PM ----------

372.jpg

this usb is nice and small fits front usb on zgemma.. 2s

hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, being a curious type I downloaded the driver for your TP-LINK Mini N300 USB Wireless Adaptor
142/0579

from argos and found it uses the Realtek RTL8192eu chipset and can confirm it is supported by
many Enigma2 images

installed new image to day
sucmnsee 4.1.001

have the argos £7 wireless adapter
downloaded the driver from plugins
still nothing

but my other box, with same firmware, been using for 2 months, once i plugged same adapter in, it worked an recognized the adapter

ive 2 boxes here that need to go to friends that cant have ethernet cables connected so running wireless and im confused, why one works with one box but wont register on the other 2 new boxes freshly installed with builds today

OK problem solved
Argos tp link have a version 2 now
Same dongle, looks identical, but version 1.2 works, 2 won't work straight from the box

I have just got an H2s box not yet flashed, I plugged it in fresh and used the openbox wifi dongle from my v8s box and the box found it no problem - I got the wifi dongle from ebay

Usually if after setting up the correct driver for your device within Enigma2 and rebooting, if you don´t get the option to set up wireless Lan it shows the device is not recognized during boot up.
I´ve had this with some devices that "should" work, but there device ID´s don´t match the Linux driver ID´s. Best to buy a device that´s known to work.

Some firmware supports more WiFi devices than others.
Another thing to try is uninstalling all WiFi drivers already installed in your image (via plugins, drivers. But only remove Wifi Drivers!! ) and backup your image 1st, just leaving the one you want to use, as they can conflict.

HI I am having the same problem with my second zgemma box in bedroom, i have a separate router and wooshbuild installed but cant get internet to work. will i need a wifi dongle?

Back