Football match latency.

on satellite in league matches, the delay is usually 9 to 11 seconds. If anyone has lower please contact me via private message.

I guesstimate there is under a minute of a delay between a "live" feed from official broadcaster and what is showing through my IPTV setup. I don't have a problem with this. I don't see what value you get from having it less than 10 seconds. If this is important to you then you maybe you should consider paying for services direct from the official source.

I guesstimate there is under a minute of a delay between a "live" feed from official broadcaster and what is showing through my IPTV setup. I don't have a problem with this. I don't see what value you get from having it less than 10 seconds. If this is important to you then you maybe you should consider paying for services direct from the official source.
Gambling is the answer

or goto the game, and watch from the crowd. Thats the least latency i believe.

Or watch and turn your phone off, is the second best.

Gambling is the answer
I assume I'm missing something here. Even if you have a real time feed direct from a football stadium and try and place a live bet that a goal is going to be scored just as it happened in the stadium. The betting firms will be aware of the goal and momentarily pause live bets for this exact scenario. I find it difficult to believe there would be an opportunity to place a bet on an outcome that's already happened to have a guaranteed win. Organised crime would have this sewn up and the betting firms would be bankrupt by now if this was the case.

this is not possible, the bookmaker has its representatives at the match who block the bet at a given moment. What this broadcast is, apparently there is an option to watch it without a delay of less than one second, if you point the dish at the satellite to which the TV van is transmitting from under the stadium,but then they send it to the satellite where users receive it and add a delay to avoid profanity.

Last edited:
this is not possible, the bookmaker has its representatives at the match who block the bet at a given moment. What this broadcast is, apparently there is an option to watch it without a delay of less than one second, if you point the dish at the satellite to which the TV van is transmitting from under the stadium,but then they send it to the satellite where users receive it and add a delay to avoid profanity.
So, if this is the case then what is the desire of having latency under 10 seconds?

Every bookmaker can't possibly have a person at each match in the country, it's not possible. There's obviously a system in place to log times of goals etc

find something else to do than hating on people,and if you are not interested in this topic at all, stop commenting.

find something else to do than hating on people,and if you are not interested in this topic at all, stop commenting.
There is no hate here, you won't find anything quicker than 9 seconds behind, it just simple physics, signals have to travel down cables/in the air around the world/country, apart from being at the game. (no more comments)

Every bookmaker can't possibly have a person at each match in the country, it's not possible. There's obviously a system in place to log times of goals etc
I believe that there is always someone at the match who sends this information to bookmakers on an ongoing basis.

I assume I'm missing something here. Even if you have a real time feed direct from a football stadium and try and place a live bet that a goal is going to be scored just as it happened in the stadium. The betting firms will be aware of the goal and momentarily pause live bets for this exact scenario. I find it difficult to believe there would be an opportunity to place a bet on an outcome that's already happened to have a guaranteed win. Organised crime would have this sewn up and the betting firms would be bankrupt by now if this was the case.
Not all about goals

I think the only way you would get this to work was if you had someone on the inside making this happen. If they were caught doing this then not only would they lose their job, they would face criminal charges that would likely put them in jail.

I work in IT and in some situations you can see backend transactions taking place before the end user receives this information. I'm assuming this is what it would be like with live TV broadcasts. They have their own closed network that the live feed goes through before it hits the viewers TV screens. I still think the window of opportunity to take advantage of this would be milliseconds or impossible. I'd be very surprised if bookmakers weren't aware of any loophole in the current setup that left them exposed to fraudulent betting.

I think the only way you would get this to work was if you had someone on the inside making this happen. If they were caught doing this then not only would they lose their job, they would face criminal charges that would likely put them in jail.

I work in IT and in some situations you can see backend transactions taking place before the end user receives this information. I'm assuming this is what it would be like with live TV broadcasts. They have their own closed network that the live feed goes through before it hits the viewers TV screens. I still think the window of opportunity to take advantage of this would be milliseconds or impossible. I'd be very surprised if bookmakers weren't aware of any loophole in the current setup that left them exposed to fraudulent betting.
Here's one way
Doesn't have to be a UK bookie
Football streams on tv have about a 5 second delay and then bookmakers put their own 5 second or so count to place a bet once submitted. This is to protect themselves as much as possible.

You would not be able to place a bet such as you suggested but....If you were in a coporate box with high speed internet, quality laptop and trading software you could trade a live game, markets like match odds, goals etc will have big swings and you could beat the suspend. Software allows instant bet placement and no count timer.

You can also see people on latpops on small tennis game circuits and I have heard this is what they are doing.

Interesting! In my mind it would be easier to get someone involved in the match/event to do what it took to fulfil the bet than trying to beat technology. However plenty of people have been caught doing this (Stephen Lee - snooker). Even if you beat the technology, the bookmaker doesn't need to pay out a winning bet if it thinks the bet was suspicious.

I would also say it's more likely that people with laptops at smaller tennis events are legitimately involved in the sport (ATP stats, coaches, statisticians, etc) rather than performing illicit gambling.

Interesting! In my mind it would be easier to get someone involved in the match/event to do what it took to fulfil the bet than trying to beat technology. However plenty of people have been caught doing this (Stephen Lee - snooker). Even if you beat the technology, the bookmaker doesn't need to pay out a winning bet if it thinks the bet was suspicious.

I would also say it's more likely that people with laptops at smaller tennis events are legitimately involved in the sport (ATP stats, coaches, statisticians, etc) rather than performing illicit gambling.
You dont need to believe me, just have a little Google.
I expect they target exchanges etc as well

Last edited:
You dont need to believe v me, just have a little Google.
I expect they target exchanges etc
Once OP starts winning they will ban his account anyway, They are happy to take your bets and you loose, but start winning big they ban your account and try every way they can not to pay out.

Back