GAA football and hurling

'John 3:7' banner man welcomed back to Croker

FrankHoganJohn37SignDENISMINIHAN.jpg

The man behind the infamous "John 3:7" banner at GAA matches will soon be back at Croker.

Seventy-two-year-old Frank Hogan has been bringing the banner to matches for the last 20 years.

He was refused entry with the banner into GAA headquarters last weekend.

However the Limerick man says he has since received assurances that both he and his banner will be welcome in Croke Park in the future.

Saturday July 10 ,hurling throw in 16.00,football throw in 18.00

Ticket info for Football and Hurling Qualifiers - (Dublin v Clare; Dublin v Tipperary)

GENERAL

Hogan Stand (No Concession) - €20

Cusack Stand - 20

Hill 16 (No Concessions) - €15

FAMILY TICKETS

1 Adult and 2 children etc.

Family Tickets are only available for Cusack and Davin Stands

Adults - €20 Children - €5

WHEELCHAIR TICKETS

The Wheelchair Ticket is free of charge and the Assistant’s ticket is €20

For Group Pass application forms please contact fiona@dublingaa.ie

PUBLIC SALE

Dorset St from 9.30pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday. On Saturday - 11am to 4pm.

Parnell Park Ticket Holders can collect their tickets on Tuesday 6th July from the GAA Ticket Office, 53 Lower Dorset Street from 9.30am to 7pm.

Club Collections are on Wednesday 7th June from 9.30am to 5pm. Stand €30 and Terrace €20.

No tickets will be available for sale from Parnell Park at any stage during 2010.

Championship Fixtures This Weekend

Saturday 3 July

Connacht SFC semi-final replay
Sligo v Galway, Markievicz Park, 6.00pm - live on TV3

All-Ireland SHC Qualifier - Phase 1
Antrim v Carlow, Casement Park, 5.00pm
Tipperary v Wexford, Semple Stadium, 3.30pm - live on RTE

All-Ireland SFC Qualifier - round 1 replay
Antrim v Kildare, Casement Park, 7.00pm

Christy Ring Cup final
Kerry v Westmeath, Croke Park, 4.00pm

Nicky Rackard Cup final
Armagh v London, Croke Park, 2.00pm

Lory Meagher Cup final
Longford v Donegal, Croke Park, 12.00pm

ESB Connacht MFC semi-final
Leitrim v Mayo, Markievicz Park, 4.00pm

Sunday 4 July

Munster SFC final
Kerry v Limerick, Killarney, 2.00pm - live on TV3

Leinster SHC final
Kilkenny v Galway, Croke Park, 4.00pm - live on RTE

ESB Munster MFC final
Kerry v Cork, Killarney, 12.00pm

ESB Leinster MHC final
Dublin v Kilkenny, Croke Park, 2.15pm :beg::beg:

ESB Ulster MFC semi-final
Armagh v Cavan, Clones, 7.00pm

ESB Leinster MFC semi-final
Longford v Kildare, Pearse Park, 7.00pm

Results

Saturday 3 July

Connacht SFC semi-final replay
At Markievicz Park
Sligo 1-14
Galway 0-16

At Casement Park
Antrim 2-18
Carlow 3-12

At Semple Stadium
Tipperary 3-24
Wexford 0-19

All-Ireland SFC Qualifier - round 1 replay
At Casement Park
Kildare 1-15
Antrim 0-9

Results

Sunday 4 July

Munster SFC final
At Killarney
Kerry 1-17
Limerick 1-14

Leinster SHC final
At Croke Park
Kilkenny 1-19
Galway 1-12

ESB Munster MFC final
At Killarney
Cork 1-8
Kerry 1-7

ESB Ulster MFC semi-final
At Clones
Armagh 1-10
Cavan 0-11

ESB Leinster MFC semi-final
At Pearse Park
Longford 3-5
Kildare 0-13

I can help Dublin cause, says Sherlock

jasonsherlock1.jpg

Jason Sherlock says he feels he can still offer something to Dublin and thinks their chances of All-Ireland success this year were not extinguished after last month's defeat to Meath.

Manager Pat Gilroy opted not to call on the attacker, who served as an inter-county player for 15 years, into his panel this season, despite suggestions that a number of veterans were to return to the squad.

Sherlock was speaking at the launch of the 'Park, Stay and Play' initiative at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel at Newlands Cross yesterday, and said he would make an instant return to the Dublin set-up if summoned by Gilroy.

"Dublin means an awful lot to me and I have been very fortunate to wear the Dublin jersey. If Dublin felt in any way that I could offer anything, I would be back in a second," he said

"Like all players, I'm still competitive. I would feel that, whether that diminishes or wanes as you get older, I don't know. It certainly hasn't gone out of me yet.

"At the same time, there is no bad blood there and I still want to see Dublin winning an All-Ireland. I still believe they can win an All-Ireland and I feel that I might be able to help."

The Oliver Plunkett's man doesn't put Dublin's below par form the championship so far this summer down to inexperience either.

"It's easy to look at it like that, but there are guys that have been there a long time now," he stated. "There is always going to be a turnover of players and other lads have to step in.

"I'm not the player now that I was when I was 19. Lads have to step up and step into roles. I know the guys, I know it's Alan Brogan, Barry Cahill and David Henry that are driving it at the moment. The likes of me and Shane (Ryan) are gone so it's up to the rest to stand up."

Dublin take on John Evans' Tipperary on Saturday in round two of the All-Ireland SFC at Croke Park.

Munster MHC Semi-Final Replay

Cork Minors bowed out of the Munster Championship losing to Waterford on a scoreline of 2-17 to 1-13.

Waterford dominated the opening half and had Cork in trouble all over the field and were comfortable at half time leading by 2.10 Cork 0.5.

Cork were coming more into the game but with a mountain to climb and so it proved despite a terrific comeback it was just too much to make up and so Corks Minor hurling drought continues as Waterford go on to play Clare next Sunday in Thurles.

344082.jpg

Dublin have reshaped their team for Saturday’s All-Ireland SFC round 2 qualifier clash with Tipperary at Croke Park (6.0).
In defence Kevin Nolan and David Henry will man the wing-back spots while Michael Darragh MacAuley will start his first championshp game.
Up front Eogan O’Gara, making his starting championship debut, and Kevin McManamon join Bernard Brogan in the full-forward line.
Eamonn Fennell was not considered for selection owing to injury.

DUBLIN (SF v Tipperary)
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Michael Fitzsimons
3. Rory O’Carroll
4. Philly McMahon
5. Kevin Nolan
6. Ger Brennan
7. David Henry
8. Michael Darragh MacAuley
9. Ross McConnell
10. Niall Corkery
11. Alan Brogan
12. Paul Flynn
13. Bernard Brogan
14. Eoghan O’Gara
15. Kevin McManamon
:dunno:

Peadar Carton and Declan O’Dwyer come into the Dublin attack for Saturday’s All-Ireland SHC qualifier against Clare in Croke Park (4.0).

DUBLIN (SHC v Clare)
Gary Maguire
Niall Corcoran
Tomás Brady
Oisin Gough
Stephen Hiney
Joey Boland
Maurice O’Brien
Johnny McCaffrey
Shane Durkin
Peter Kelly
Liam Rushe
Alan McCrabbe
Peadar Carton
Declan O’Dwyer
David O’Callaghan

Last edited:
Dublin 1-21 Tipperary 1-13

00037ebc189r.jpg

The Brogan brothers, Alan and Bernard, exploited a tiring Tipperary defence as Dublin advanced in the All-Ireland qualifiers at Croke Park.

The Brogans shot 0-11 between them to drive Pat Gilroy's men to victory in a dour contest which gave little indication as to Dublin's All-Ireland credentials.

Tipperary tried their utmost to test the recently dethroned Leinster champions, but faltered in the second half as the Dubs broke clear.

After an edgy first half, Gilroy's charges got their Championship challenge back on the rails with an improved second half showing.

Michael Darragh MacAuley and Barry Grogan traded goals as Dublin led by 1-09 to 1-07 at half-time.

Grogan led Tipp's scoring with 1-05, but Dublin, with their bench proving influential, pulled through in front of just 22,107 spectators.

In rain-soaked conditions, Kevin McManamon got a glimpse of the Tipperary goal in the opening seconds but failed to find the target. It was left to Alan Brogan to open the scoring for Dublin, with Ross McConnell and Bernard Brogan (free) making it 0-03 to 0-00 by the six-minute mark.

The Dublin team showed five changes to the one that succumbed to Meath last time out, with experienced campaigners like Bryan Cullen, Conal Keaney and Barry Cahill among the players to miss out.

Tipperary, who conquered Laois in the last round, opened their account through wing forward Stephen Hahessy, but Dublin pressed on for a 0-06 to 0-01 lead as goalkeeper Stephen Cluxton and Bernard Brogan converted three placed balls between them. Cluxton stepped up to knock over a '45', taking over from the benched Tomas Quinn.

While Dublin's wides tally mounted to five, Tipp's talismanic forward Grogan struck a free over off a post and Conor Sweeney, in the left corner, scored from play to reduce the arrears to three.

Then, in the 19th minute, Dublin engineered their only goal when Eoghan O'Gara turned and raced in from the right to pass for the advancing MacAuley to fist home and crown his first Championship start with a goal.

Alan Brogan had time and space to follow up with a point, making it 1-07 to 0-03, but a slip by Dublin full-back Rory O'Carroll in the 21st minute allowed Grogan slide home a well-taken goal in response. George Hannigan's pinpoint through ball was latched onto by Grogan who cut past Cluxton and fired home in front of a sparsely populated Hill 16. Grogan added a free to make it a three-point game.

The remainder of the first half was evenly contested with Dublin clearly rattled by the concession of that goal. Philip Austin nailed a point and Grogan and Sweeney tagged on two more frees, in between scores from Bernard Brogan and McManamon at the Davin End. Indeed, Dublin would been celebrating a second goal by the break if O'Gara had not clipped a late shot wide.

Tipp kept in the hunt as the second half started, with scores from Grogan and Sweeney sandwiching a single effort from Bernard Brogan.

There were a lot of wides and frees conceded, but Dublin managed to add some much-needed cushion to their advantage, helped by a run of points from substitute Eamonn Fennell, Alan Brogan and O'Gara.

The life was sucked out of the game as, by the hour mark, Dublin were armed with a 1-17 to 1-10 buffer and had one foot in the next round. Substitute Conal Keaney came on and kicked two points, Ross McConnell raided forward to score and Bernard Brogan continued to cause problems for the Tipp defence, taking his haul for the afternoon to seven.

Their overall effort could not be questioned, but the Premier County side, hit by recent squad withdrawals, had no answer. Their closing points from Grogan, substitute Brian Coen and Brian Mulvihill were cancelled out by MacAuley, Man of the Match Alan Brogan and Keaney.

So, at the final whistle, it was a case of mission accomplished for Dublin who will be pleased with this return to winning ways, but they had enough shaky moments to still leave a question mark over their ability to mount a serious challenge for All-Ireland honours. :gah:

Results

Saturday 10 July

All-Ireland SFC Qualifier - round 2
At Pairc Ui Chaoimh
Cork 1-19
Cavan 0-4

At Newry
Down 1-14
Longford 1-10

At Croke Park
Dublin 1-21
Tipperary 1-13

At Pearse Stadium
Wexford 1-11
Galway 0-13

At Newbridge
Kildare 1-12
Leitrim 0-6

At Tullamore
Offaly 0-15
Waterford 0-10

At Cusack Park
Derry 0-13
Westmeath 1-7

All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers - Phase 2
At Croke Park
Dublin 2-22
Clare 0-15

All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers - Phase 2
At Tullamore
Offaly 1-18
Limerick 1-13

Dublin to face Armagh in qualifiers

Dublin will face Armagh in the third round of the All-Ireland Football qualifiers.

Pat Gilroy's side saw off Tipperary in the second round but the Orchard County will provide a much sterner test.

Wexford's reward for knocking out Galway is a home tie with Cork.

Eoin Cadogan will be missing for Cork as he is likely to be involved in the hurling team's replay against Waterford.

Kildare will visit Derry after the Lilywhites bounced back from their hammering against Louth by beating Antrim and Leitrim.

Offaly host Down in the remaining encounter. The matches will take place next weekend.

Third Round qualifier draw:

Dublin v Armagh :faint:

Wexford v Cork

Derry v Kildare

Offaly v Down.

Results

Sunday 11 July

Munster SHC final
At Thurles
Cork 2-15
Waterford 2-15

Leinster SFC final
At Croke Park
Meath 1-12 :boo::boo:
Louth 1-10

All-Ireland SFC qualifier round 2
At Brewster Park
Armagh 0-11
Fermanagh 0-7

ESB Munster MHC final
At Thurles
Clare 1-16
Waterford 1-11

ESB Leinster MFC final
At Croke Park
Longford 0-14
Offaly 0-8

Dates/times confirmed for GAA qualifiers

00037e79189r.jpg

Dublin will take on Armagh as part of another Croke Park double header

Monday, 12 July 2010

The GAA have confirmed the dates, times and venues for the next round of the football qualifiers.

All games take place next weekend and there will be a double header at Croke Park on Saturday 17 July with Dublin taking on Antrim in the hurling qualifiers at 3pm, followed by Dublin versus Armagh in the Senior Football Championship at 5pm.

Derry play Kildare at Celtic Park at 3pm on Saturday, while Offaly face Down in Tullamore later that evening at 7pm.

The Munster hurling final replay between Cork and Waterford is down for Semple Stadium at 7pm on Saturday.

On Sunday 18 July the Wexford footballers play Cork at 3.30pm in Wexford Park, while at the same time in Portlaoise, Tipp take on Offaly in the hurling qualifiers.

Meath refuse to offer Louth replay

Tuesday 13th July
22:10 update
Statement from Coiste na Mi

Coiste na Mi has today received a copy of the referee’s report on Sunday’s Leinster Final, Lu v An Mhi. The referee has indicated in his report that he blew the whistle for a penalty but changed his mind and awarded the goal by Joe Sheridan when he saw that the ball had crossed the line.

Coiste na Mi has also been advised today by Coisde Ceannais na gComortaisi Laighean that, in accordance with Riail 6.41 T.O. and acting on the Referee’s report of the above game…An Mhi are the winners.

Having considered all aspects of the game and subsequent suggestions, as well as the Referees report and the Comhairle Laighean communication, Coiste na Mi, wishes to confirm that, as far as it is concerned, this is the end of the matter.

Coiste na Mi wishes to express its disappointment at the manner in which we and the team have been placed in such an unenviable position over the past 2 days. :boo::boo::boo:

I don't follow the sport hill but I'd imagine that was expected?

A bit like the Henry situation here & the disallowed England goal in the world cup, it just ain't fair ...

@ Gman no surprise at all but alot of bad feeling towards them all around the country i think they have taken our title of most hated county now lol

Dublin U-21s crowned Leinster champions

Dublin have been crowned Leinster Under-21 Hurling champions after coming from behind to beat Wexford 2-15 to 0-15 at Parnell Park.

In the Munster Under-21 Championship, Tipperary needed extra time to get past Cork, 2-17 to 0-21.

And in the other semi-final Clare were too strong for Limerick, the Banner taking the victory 1-15 to 1-12.

Clare will now face Tipperary in two weeks' time at Semple Stadium in Thurles in the Munster final.

Gilroy keeps the faith

gil.jpg

Dublin have named an unchanged team for Saturday’s All-Ireland SFC quarter-final against Tyrone at Croke Park (4.0). Dublin’s midfielders, Ross McConnell and Michael Darragh Macauley, were replaced in last weekend’s victory over Louth after picking up ‘knocks’ but both have been declared fit to play.

DUBLIN (SFC v Tyrone)
1 Stephen Cluxton
2 Michael Fitzsimons
3 Rory O’Carroll
4 Philly McCahon
5 Kevin Nolan
6 Ger Brennan
7 Barry Cahill
8 Ross McConnell
9 Michael Darragh Macauley
10 Niall Corkery
11 Alan Brogan
12 Bryan Cullen
13 David Henry
14 Eoghan O’Gara
15 Bernard Brogan

Sorry all for lack of info lately but back now well for a week at least off on my holliers next week roll on 2moro :beg::beg::beg::beg: we are due a win over our northern friends

Back