Gigablue UHD UE 4K lost Openvix

Billy315

TK Supporter
Gigablue UHD UE 4K lost Openvix. Should I send it back to be repaired or save for another one. Tried to repair it with your help, I got lost.

Is the Gigablue not booting ?

Have you tried the basics like reflashing the box with VIX ?

Need to know the symptons of the box to help you sort it out.

It was working well upstairs. Put all the lead + box on top of Gigablue still pluged in and in the evening recordings had disapeared.

I can see this is not going to be my kind of thread, no information offered and I've neither the time nor the inclination to try and crowbar tiny nuggets of info over the space of a week so I'm out

It was working well upstairs. Put all the lead + box on top of Gigablue still pluged in and in the evening recordings had disapeared.
So your recording to a Hard drive or USB ?

Its possible the hdd/usb has either failed or it has lost its mount point. Check the mount points first.

It was working for three months with recordings and it all disapeared. I tried to get ovenvix but I never solved it.

You are all over the place in terms of what you are writing. Getting a new box won't solve issue as you will end up with similar problems.

So far, the only understanble thing is you have lost access to your recordings. They could still be there, if you answer questions, people will help you and try and resolve issue.

1. How many Gigablue units do you have.

2. The one that has lost recordings, does it boot to an image?

3. Which image?

4. Were your recordings on an internal hard drive, usb hdd or USB stick?

Last edited:
Yes i have also lost my hdd many times.
Check your storage is actually listed in the menu and mounts.
From time to time i had to power off from standby to off and when rebooted hdd was seen again

2 Gigablues
I still get Channels but no recordings
Internal hard drive

Box says it has no HDD
As i said earlier in the thread the box hdd as either failed or lost its mount point.

Look at the mount point under

Menu -Setup -Vix-Mounts Manager-

You have two receivers. Please do not add confusion by mentioning the one without the problem.

If you can answer my questions 2, 3 and 4, it will help.

@Ferret. He said he could not flash Vix onto it.

As i said earlier in the thread the box hdd as either failed or lost its mount point.

Look at the mount point under

Menu -Setup -Vix-Mounts Manager-
I have done what you said and it just came as no HDD installed. Yet there is a toshiba in the box

Attachments

• WIN_20221030_15_08_05_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20221030_15_08_05_Pro (2).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 23
I have done what you said and it just came as no HDD installed. Yet there is a toshiba in the box
That pic is poor quality but it appears to be offering you a mount point.

media/hdd Try that if it reports no HDD installed at that point then its a possible HDD faliure but you should check the cables to it.

Back