Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Thank you - will probably have more questions when I try it - do you think it's worth restoring box to factory settings and trying the whole thing again first?
Don't bother trying to factory reset any E2 reciever, it cause more harm than good.

You need to find the vix image for your box, unzip the zip file, put the folder onto a formatted USB drive. Then you power off at the back, put the drive in, power back on. Some boxes I've found you have to press the standby button or press an OK button on the front if there is one but that's the gist of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I think I get that (sort of altho may stuggle to find the vix image) so will check out the oscam stuff and see which one looks easiest - thank you

It's literally a case of going on the openvix website and finding the make and model of your box then downloading the zip file mate.

i have just been reading through the guide. and have got stuck on the 1 section.
Tuner B is cable
Type in your net id, put yes against all the QAM settings, Scan additional SR, at the bottom of the list type in your symbol rate

can someone tell me how i find this info as i have no clue.

thanks sut

hi,

i have read them posts but i see 5 birmingham although 4 have been spelt bermingham but i assume this is a mistake. what 1 of these would i use for birmingham central. the Birmingham TW/C&W relates to brum, coventry, warwickshire, or should it be that 1 and im just being really stupid,

thx

Just try any of them, it won't do any harm.

If the net id is wrong some of your channels will be missing or won't clear.

If it's not the right one, delete the bouquets, put in another net id and re scan until you get all the channels.

Remember to match the net id in tuner configuration to the area net id in the providers part of the menu.

thank you again. that was a great help.
problem is the last line has thrown me now "match the net id in tuner configuration to the area net id in the providers part of the menu"

can you explain that? not sure what it means

Yeah, you put the net id in twice.

Once in tuner configuration for your cable tuner where you type in the details.
Net Id at the top of the page and Addition S/R (signal rate) at the bottom of the page.

and again in the ABM part of the menu, go into "providers"

Select VM UK, then scroll through until you find your area.

Save, then scan using ABM.

Make sure they match in both parts of the menu before scanning, if it's the wrong net id, change the details
in both places before rescanning, delete the existing bouquets before a re scan.

ok thank you,

not sure i fully understand but i do thank you for taking the time to help me ,

my box is already up and running using turners b and c for sat, i want to follow your guide to setup the vm side for the hd channels my concern is will it damage the way i have already got the box setup? is there just a guide to install the vm side of things?

thank you

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Tuner Configuration

Set Tuner A to DVB-C (cable) then type in the Net Id and Symbol Rate, Select YES to all QAM settings.

Have a looks at photos 5 and 6 in the guide.

Exit out.

Then

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Autobouquetmaker - Providers

See photo 11 in the guide

Select VM UK to yes

Right button to find your area.

If you have three different net id's for Birmingham try each in turn.

Make sure the Net Id matches in both parts of the menu.

Each time you try a scan

You won't damage the box.

ok thank you,

you fast becoming my new hero, who needs superman lol,

---------- Post Merged at 08:41 PM ----------

i have followed what you said but after doing a scan i am unsure it it has worked or not.
when i go into service searching and then to signal finder and look at turner A it shows me as having no signal, i have added some photos as maybe these will help. oh and i put scan additional SR as 6952
20170117_203321.jpg20170117_203232.jpg20170117_203307.jpg

Last edited:
Help again please - managed to get cccam on - followed guide to 'green button - start' and got message saying no config files found - please set up ccam first in /etc/CCcam.cfg ?

Have you got your cccam.cfg file in the /etc folder?

No lol

That's why the message basically says you can't switch on the cam until there is a Cccam.cfg file in the ETC folder

You get a similar message when you don't put the config file in Usr/Keys as some people just send the newcamd.list file over
when using Mg Cam so it won't switch on (y)

No I know, it was more a "make sure you've got it there" than a proper question.

Back