H2S - cannot flash images

Cheers mate ill try that,nothing to lose lol

---------- Post Merged at 12:19 AM ----------

Yes mate tried both ports and nothing else plugged in

It's a pain in the betty swollocks I mind! ATV seems to flash so much easier somehow. If totally stuck put a shout out where you live see if a member will come round and help. A bottle of absinthe they'll be happy!

I can only speak for OpenATV, but you can always try doing it directly from the box. This is providing your box is still booting up OK.

With your USB stick in a port:

Blue button -> Flash online / Local -> Local -> Devices

Now navigate to your USB stick, find and open the zgemma folder, open the h3 folder and then highlight rootfs.bin.

Now press the green button to flash.

---------- Post Merged at 08:55 AM ----------

A bottle of absinthe they'll be happy!

A bottle of absinthe and they will be out their face (or dead) lmao

Hi guys ive tried everything you've all said but still just the dreaded BOOT only, My box is booting up and i can use it, the media portal isnt there now so dont know how to get that back, cant seem to find it in any of the pluggins1?

I haven't found a stick yet that I can't flash with, if prepared properly.
I've even used an old 128mb microsd card from an old camera, in a usb adapter.

Delete any existing partitions and create a new primary fat32 partition.
There's a guide in my signature.

I had a problem on my zgemma s2 box after different usb sticks found in one of the forums that it should be no bigger than 4g and it worked

Well i finally done it chaps,flashed my box and it WAS something i was doing wrong(God i feel a tw*t) I was partitioning the usb like everyone said but didnt change it to primary! DOH! Thanks to willo3092 i read the pdf about formatting and done it straight away!! Top Job Guys:woohoo:

Hi,

I have a Zgemma h.2s and I'm trying to update it but I can never get the boot to usb, formatted the drive using the utility but then it made them unusable, ended up with easus one, whiich made it work and allowed me to put the files on but no luck.

any ideas?

Hey all. Im trying to flash my Zgemma H1 back to openatv 5.1 (as it became stuck on boot loading screen). Tried various was to format the USB windows and followed the advise on Willo3092's signature. All I get is a "boot" loading screen. It happens either when I press the home button at the front or not. It just does not go into Flash mode. I am a little stuck and any help would be appreciated. As a side point, the USB I am using is the one that was already being used in the same Zgemma so I doubt that is the issue.

Make sure you have the right image
Try another usb stick, if bought from fleabay then try a new one from your local Tesco's that will be a genuine one.

Back