How do I avoid being scammed/hacked?

jij2nkbe8

Hi guys,

if a seller asks me to download a program on downloader and enter a username/pass theyve provided for a trial, is it safe? Using on firestick thanks. Any tips appreciated!

It all depends if you ask them for a trial to use with their app or if you have your own app then tell them you have your own app and what details you need. I am sure they will send you the details.

Thanks

If they are asking you to download an app and they are provide the creds log into that device, I would say that’s fine, if you’re suspicious that people would have malicious intent, then I’d use an app you know is trusted or just stay out of this market all together 👍

If they are asking you to download an app and they are provide the creds log into that device, I would say that’s fine, if you’re suspicious that people would have malicious intent, then I’d use an app you know is trusted or just stay out of this market all together 👍
In reality a iptv provider dosent want to hack your system.

The only time I would worry about a device is when the device has access to my banking details and banking apps. I would never use a third party app on a device like that.
Any unofficial apps that I use, I always check them on
VirusTotal

Last edited:
The only time I would worry about a device is when the device has access to my banking details and banking apps. I would never use a third party on a device like that.
Any unofficial apps that I use, I always check them on
VirusTotal
And yes most older users will also know that the results from there can be false positives.

Last edited:
Like has mentioned just buy tivimate or something. Loads of suppliers now are using offical apps. Like xciptv smarters and purple.

And yes most older users will also know that the results from there can be fals positives.
Yeah I have had false positives and I have always searched and checked to see they are false positive and not something more malicious. I have been using third party for some years now and not really noticed any real issues with any of the ones I have used up to now.

Most providers will want you to use their app because the url attached to the server is embedded in the app. Its easy enough to find the url but it saves them giving it out to absolutely everyone on the server which helps with security
So how does one find the url in the app, or is that a touchy subject.

So how does one find the url in the app, or is that a touchy subject.
sorry but that if for you to try and find info elsewhere, some provider may give dns out to long serving customers and some will not all it takes is url or dns posted and then problems for provider and your service.

Suppliers now ate getting much more strict. The ones that take stuff seriously I suppose will ask customers to use supplied apps. And crypto will be the payment method.

Thete will always be a few that will break the norm but they could be the next ones closed down.

Need more info. My understanding is M3U url's were phased out because the SS (sly security) were posing as customers, and once they had the url they could trace the server and shut it down. Providers moved to hardcore apps to be more secure.
You seem to suggest there is a software program that can rip the url from the media player, then surly the SS can do the same thing, or am i missing something here.
Can't see the providers being happy about this.
My provider gave me XCIPTV which is ok i guess, but would prefer Tivimate. I don't want to upset him as he offers a good service, so would he be able to know if i was using a different media player to the one he supplied.
The rest i can probably work out for myself.
Cheers.

Back