How do I avoid being scammed/hacked?

Need more info. My understanding is M3U url's were phased out because the SS (sly security) were posing as customers, and once they had the url they could trace the server and shut it down. Providers moved to hardcore apps to be more secure.
You seem to suggest there is a software program that can rip the url from the media player, then surly the SS can do the same thing, or am i missing something here.
Can't see the providers being happy about this.
My provider gave me XCIPTV which is ok i guess, but would prefer Tivimate. I don't want to upset him as he offers a good service, so would he be able to know if i was using a different media player to the one he supplied.
The rest i can probably work out for myself.
Cheers.
Plenty still offer url, if they trust you.

Plenty still offer url, if they trust you.
yes maybe if you have been with them a while. But at the end of the day a app is a app they all do the same thing.

1. Play tv
2. Play vod
3. Have a epg

What more do actually need.

yes maybe if you have been with them a while. But at the end of the day a app is a app they all do the same thing.

1. Play tv
2. Play vod
3. Have a epg

What more do actually need.
True but it was so much easier to get the wife to use iptv as the main source of TV with tivimate compared to other apps. :laughing:

No it's not really. They all use the same built in players the main software is identical the only difference in reality is layout.
Layout and functionality is key to what most people want and ease of use.
Many would prefer Tivimate than a smarters type app if given the choice imo.
Resellers push the app, buyers want a choice.

Last edited:
Layout and functionality is key to what most people want and ease of use.
Many would prefer Tivimate than a smarters type app if given the choice imo.
Resellers push the app, buyers want a choice.
True but giving out a dns from a supplier point of view is risky I should imagine.

I mean iptv is cheaper than a tv licence that is what the customer is getting.

What's that got to do with anything ?
Thought we were discussing apps and URL not price of IPTV.
I will still stand by it mate the bottom line they all do the same thing. I mean if you want the most user friendly app I should imagine IBO is up there.

the only one that really pops is IMPLAYER but that can get complicated for the average user. But has some great functionality

In my opinion URL being given out these days doesn’t make much difference, as all traffic will be routed via cloudfare or an equivalent service, therefore for service IPs are hidden anyways. A URL could be blocked I suppose, but takes mins to resolve as most providers will have multiple setup ready to go anyways. Hiding the URL within the app just makes make its easier for the end user these days, I guess there is also a sense of security, but very little in the grand scheme of things.

Need more info. My understanding is M3U url's were phased out because the SS (sly security) were posing as customers, and once they had the url they could trace the server and shut it down. Providers moved to hardcore apps to be more secure.
You seem to suggest there is a software program that can rip the url from the media player, then surly the SS can do the same thing, or am i missing something here.
Can't see the providers being happy about this.
My provider gave me XCIPTV which is ok i guess, but would prefer Tivimate. I don't want to upset him as he offers a good service, so would he be able to know if i was using a different media player to the one he supplied.
The rest i can probably work out for myself.
Cheers.
Yes he would know if you was using tvimate as it would display when your using his service as it would display in the connection log and you run the risk of your line been disabled or even blocked!!!

In my opinion URL being given out these days doesn’t make much difference, as all traffic will be routed via cloudfare or an equivalent service, therefore for service IPs are hidden anyways. A URL could be blocked I suppose, but takes mins to resolve as most providers will have multiple setup ready to go anyways. Hiding the URL within the app just makes make its easier for the end user these days, I guess there is also a sense of security, but very little in the grand scheme of things.
There is that point of veiw and is very valid. However, there are better ways of achieving the same result. I am more talking about giving actual dns of server.

I will give a example. My provider has 2 services the dns is the same for both. But clearly different

There is that point of veiw and is very valid. However, there are better ways of achieving the same result. I am more talking about giving actual dns of server.

I will give an example. My provider has 2 services the dns is the same for both. But clearly different
I’m not sure I understand your point, I’m also referring to the actual DNS, all DNS does is resolve to an IP address, and pretty much all services, hide their real IPs, by proxying them though services like cloudflare.

I would double check your URLs, as I’m sure there is a subtle difference in the URL, as a DNS can resolve multiple IPs in a round-robin configuration, but they will only relate to the same service as round-robin is a load balancing technique. 1 DNS cannot be used for two entirely different services.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I understand your point, I’m also referring to the actual DNS, all DNS does is resolve to an IP address, and pretty much all services, hide their real IPs, by proxying them though services like cloudflare.

I would double check your URLs, as I’m sure there is a subtle difference in the URL, as a DNS can resolve multiple IPs in a round-robin configuration, but they will only relate to the same service as round-robin is a load balancing technique. 1 DNS cannot be used for two entirely different services.
Checked they are identical

To be honest this is an open question, which relates to many things on the internet relating to DNS, so it could be discussed in an open forum generically, but anyways is doesn’t matter to be sure we move this conversation away from this forum and into a private chat 👍

OK, explain how it works.

I suspect its via an editor type of website. Apparently multiple sellers use it (not intentioally but it also confuses the buyer into thinking the sellers are all selling the same service despite the somewhat obvious channel line up, content, etc.)

Back