How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks again for your reply and yes its a black Wii not sure about the other questions because I dont have the Wii with me my son has it I just thought i would see how difficult it would be for me to do it for him ,I have done a few games for him all worked fine untill now when his son clicked on upgrade in the wii menue and it will only play bought games at the moment thanks again take care

In order to help,more information please
Firmware before starting guide
Is it a Black Wii
Where you installed your custom ios to 250 or 249
Did you read through the pages for a answer or are you taking a shot in the dark,
Did you get a backup of your game or is it original giving the error,
Supply more information for Quicker Solution

it is white wii
in step 9 i choose ios 236,and then as it write in step 10...
i did not get backup of the game...thanks for your help

Hi sinno He went into his Wii and in the right hand corner it said 4.2 E and the games I did for him i downloaded them and burnt them useing Imgburn at 4 speed ,and he had it upgraded about a year ago at a cost of £32 he doesnt want to pay that again thats why I am trying to help him ,when his son clicked on upgrade in the menu he lost the homebrew channel as well so that will have to be put back in as well ,i really think I can do it for him as long as I can follow the Instructions, I would love to have a go but dont want to brick it for him ,if there is anything else you need to know I can ask him before I do anything with it, thanks again you have been a great help i really apreciate all you doing for me take care best regards

Hello sinno I am really sorry mate it is a white Wii 4.2E my Grandson got he told me this morning ,so will it be the first version I need hope you will help he is going to fetch the Wii down to me to see if I can do it for him ,thanks again really sorry about the colour of the Wii cheers take care best regards

The guide will still do the same job once its on 4.2,when you update thru nintendo it can be a real mess,i had sucess with the one i mentioned on a number of 4.2 wii's and did'nt with others,both guides will be fine for you,best advise i can give you is follow every step carefully and you will be fine

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

it is white wii
in step 9 i choose ios 236,and then as it write in step 10...
i did not get backup of the game...thanks for your help

Will you try 249 or 250 and see will those work,you may not have 236 and need to download it,have a read here

Hi sinno mate not sure what you say 249 and 250 ,just a question because I havnt done anything like this before can the Wii be connected to my router when upgradeing ,hope you will help sorry for being a pain cheers takr care best regards

roysrolls,that thing about 249 and 250 was for sihi who posted before you,not for you,i should be on quite a bit later,i have a good bit of work to do on the computer later,around 8.30 or so,and i'm here to help,we were all where you are now before and its not that long ago,patience is the key and certainly not to panic,I always connect wireless and when it says theres a system update just hit no

Thanks sinno i dont think he will be upgradeing it again on that buton ,i hope I can do it for him cheers take care best regards

roysrolls, it is just a matter of following the guide precisely and you will be ok. when you're done with this, I will go through how to install the priiloader, which will stop anyone being able to update the firmware.

hy sinno i go through these steps again in step 9 i choose ios 250,install neor wad,but in step 11 when i try to install ios 70 they do something and then throws me out of DOP-ios,is it ok or insalation is not complete,because when i try to start play game from dvd in neo gama it writes error 1101 again

Hi Wheelo,we may have to look into upgrading this guide,i have seen a few changes elsewhere

No problem Sinno, I suppose you could PM me and let me know what sort of changes to make, and I will get to it Quick smart (y)

Hi guys sorry to bother every one here. I have followed the guide for an upgraded Wii version 4.2E. When i get to step 9 I get error RET -1 just after selecting SD card slot?? Any help greatfully received.

Urko thats a wad error,what version is the wad manager,if its 1.4 Google for Wad manager 1.5 and use that

Urko thats a wad error,what version is the wad manager,if its 1.4 Google for Wad manager 1.5 and use that

Its v1.5 already, its from the download on page one. Is it possible to start the whole process again just in case? Would that cause a problem at all?

Yes m8 its when i try to select 249. Its not my wii its a neighbours but I will try that tomorrow and see what happens. Is it possible to start over if necessary to make sure I not made a mistake in an earlier step?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back