How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is nerver wracking and im afraid i will make a mistake and brick my wii, and then be dead the next day by the river because my mom found out o.o, Thanks though

Oh, i retried and got that same error again, should i use IOS250 again?

okay matey, just for the sake of it, restart wii, go to the homebrew channel, then select the wad manager, then press a, emulator device "sd card" press a, source device SD card, you should have five wads to choose from, select the neor7.wad press a, select install wad press a.
if this doesn't work, then choose 250 and try again

Uh, i get a coupple of the things done while Dop IOS70, and it comeplete a few and then says http failed, it only got some of them from the SD card

I should be, but ill go check ...

Apparently i was but i cant find the connection in the Wii connection menu so thats weird.

okay it is midnight here in ireland, i will be back on at 10pm tomorrow, you can knock off the wii, and no damage can be done, it is only one final hurdle, and i think the wii must be attached to the internet, i will do some research and talk to you tomorrow night

Alright, thansks for all the help, sorry for asking so many questions -kicks wii- if it wasnt so stubborn i wouldn't have to

Howya Genesis, we have a great thank you and Like post appreciation system here, dont forget to show yours for wheelo, you will see the thanks button at the bottom of each post.

Hope you get this sorted soon (y)

Well, i actually just finished and all that good stuff, i thanked wheelo just now.

And now all i gotta do is... figure out what im supposed to do with a softmodded wii o.o

Hiya Genesis mate, Congratulations on softmodding your first Wii, the sky is the limit, the best thing about softmodding your wii is the fact that you can attach an external hard drive and put all your games on it, therefore there is no risk of scratching your disks, causing you to have to buy them again. google Wii iso and see what you come up with. Name a game that you haven't got that you wish you had, and i will point you in the right direction.
there are many USB loadersout there(these allow you to play games from the hard drive), the simplest of which is the neo gamma channel that you already have, the most interesting that i like is the configurable loader

[video=youtube;pBbFuzuavUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbFuzuavUE[/video]
Configurable USB Loader.

there is a bit more work to do if you want this loader, but i will help you through it in a few days if you want it, i might even do a tutorial(y)

Yeah, thanks, i basically softmodded only for SSBB but any other games are good thanks.

Last edited:
super smash brothers brawl? i am almost 40, and shorthand aint my thing. that game is a big file(about 6 GB) and needs to be burnt to a dual layer disc, unless you use a USB flash drive or external hard drive

here is a link to download this game (7 GB)
Code:
 http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=HzwilpP

Well, thanks for the game, But i wouldnt know what to do with that, or how to even get it onto a USB correctly so homebrew, or what ever USB loader would recognize it.

And the only thing i have is a USB card, 4gigs, and a 2 gig SD, and im pretty sure untill i get a job i wont have the money for an external harddrive either.

Last edited:
ok, give me another game you want and it is most likely under 4G, and you can play it using your memory stick in the back of the Wii

I would still need a USB Loader wouldnt i?, Or the Neogamma works for that. And i dont know many other games except For Monster Hunter Tri, Metroid Other M, Or any Gundam Game.

neo gamma, will work for you, Metroid is the only other game that i know of that is more than DVD size,

I can find gundam gashapon wars, but it is japanese version, do you think you could find your way around it??

Not sure, and if the text is going to be in japanese i dont think i would really play that, i just need to learn how to transfer stuff to a SD, USB and then onto the wii and play them

okay, what i will do is to put together a small project for you to do. it will involve putting a simple USB loader on the Wii, putting your memory stick in and copying one of your games from disk onto your memory stick, i will set it up for you for tomorrow, so if one of your mates has a game that you would like to have, borrow it and by tomorrow night you will have it on your flash drive.
talk to you tomorrow,
Wheelo (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back