How To Softmod Your Wii (Version 4.2 Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, first you have to download this file INSTALLER, unrar and put straight onto the route of your SD card, put back in the Wii, open the Hpmebrew channel, open Wad Manager, read the disclaimer, then press "A". Select IOS 249 as the IOS version to use (this should already be selected), press "A". Press "A". Press "A". Press "A". On the next screen, ensure that "select action: <install wad>" is selected, then press "A". Wad Manager then Goes off and does what it does. "hit any button to continue", then press "B" then press the "Home" button and you are back in the HomeBrew Channel. exit to System Menu and you now have Usb loader channel. On the back of the Wii there are 2 usb ports, put your memory stick in the one furthest from the centre of the back panel(right if the Wii is vertical), load the usb loader channel, it asks you to select WBFS device, choose "USB mass storage device" press "A" it will tell you you have no wbfs partition found, press "A", it will list partitions, press"A", it will ask are you sure, Press "A" it asks you to press any button to continue, do so. now, put a game into the Wii and press the "+" button, are you sure choose yes, then the wii will copy the game to the USB stick. when it is done it will give you a list of one game (the one you have just copied) press "A" to select it and it should play as normal, but this time from the usb stick.
good lluck

i try to install these but i have some problems..
i open wad manager,select ios 249 and press a
select NAND emulator device:disable and press a
select source device:wii sd slot i press a and it write mounting device,please wait...error (ret=1) what can i do?and if i want to play game from dvd with neo gamma..when i want to launch dvd it writes DVD read error (1101) please help

@sihi are you on step 9? if so, instead of choosing ios 249, choose ios 250, do the same for step 10, see if this works, either way come back and i will help if needed

if you can give as much detail as you can, it will make it so much easier to help.

Last edited:
Alright, this looks like it works and it didn't take more than 5 mins for me to do that only problem is getting the games onto my USB due to the small space it has. Is there anyway i could get brawl copied and onto another disc so it would work that way?, and also if there is a good site to where i can download games to the USB, So the loader can pick them up and recognize them so i can play them.

Last edited:
i go through these steps and install neo gamma...i open neo gamma and choose dvd,then there write launching game and then write DVD read error(1101)
where is the problem?

Genesis have you read the section in wii forum about using an external HD with the wii, you can store as many games as you want, depending on what size Hd you get

I haven't but wheelio said somthing about it, i plan on just getting a USB with 128Gigs on it that should work the same way right?

A USB Stick? yes it will work the same, but surely for the same price you could get an External hard drive (maybe 500Gb) for the same price.
colud you get smash bros brawl copied to disk and use that way... yes, but it is a very big file that requires a dual layer disk. as for a good site, google is your friend, google Wii ios games download, or something like that

i go through these steps and install neo gamma...i open neo gamma and choose dvd,then there write launching game and then write DVD read error(1101)
wheelo can you help me i don t know what to do?

Hi guys I want to softmode my grandsons Wii but I cant download the files in this forum for softmodeing a wii it says I dont have permission i dont know why i have been here long enough and have posted from time to time ,is there anything i can do to be able to download in this section hope you can hselp thanks take care best regards

Hi guys I want to softmode my grandsons Wii but I cant download the files in this forum for softmodeing a wii it says I dont have permission i dont know why i have been here long enough and have posted from time to time ,is there anything i can do to be able to download in this section hope you can hselp thanks take care best regards

That should be fine for you now, apologies, the file was awaiting approval, we check every upload before allowing it to go live.

thanks HiTech i really apreciate that cheers ,just a question my grandson has a Wii 4.2E is that the same as a Wii 4.2 hope you can help again cheers take care

thanks HiTech i really apreciate that cheers ,just a question my grandson has a Wii 4.2E is that the same as a Wii 4.2 hope you can help again cheers take care

Cant help you with that roys, I did my sons Wii nearly a year ago now so cant remember the ins and outs, have a read of the tut failing one of the regs in here will help you out when they see this, there a friendly bunch and will get you sorted (y)

Best of luck with it!

Thanks thats really helpfull ,i asked because my son paid £ 32 to get his sons Wii softmoded and for some reaon he pressed upgrade on his Wii and lost everything on it ,he doesnt fancy paying that again so I said I would have a go to softmode it for him with help from your guys of course LOL hope you can help cheers take care , hope i am not to cheeky

wheelo can you help me i don t know what to do?

In order to help,more information please
Firmware before starting guide
Is it a Black Wii
Where you installed your custom ios to 250 or 249
Did you read through the pages for a answer or are you taking a shot in the dark,
Did you get a backup of your game or is it original giving the error,
Supply more information for Quicker Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back