How to update your channel list for Skyboxes

I've downloaded the file from AJsat, file appears in my download folder. I copy and paste this onto the USB, the only thing I haven't done is unzip. when I've tried to extract the files I can't. I've never had to unzip the .dbs file before and its been fine. I've followed the guide above, I've been doing this for 6 months without any issues until now. looks like the file isn't being read as its zipped which is the problem though I cant seem to unzip the file.

I've downloaded the file from AJsat, file appears in my download folder. I copy and paste this onto the USB, the only thing I haven't done is unzip. when I've tried to extract the files I can't. I've never had to unzip the .dbs file before and its been fine. I've followed the guide above, I've been doing this for 6 months without any issues until now. looks like the file isn't being read as its zipped which is the problem though I cant seem to unzip the file.

If you download the file from Techkings then it will need to be unzipped.

If you download it directly from AJ website, then it doesn't need unzipping. It should be ready to use as a .dbs file.

Don't suppose anyone could be.kind enough to talk me through this whole process step by step as I haven't got a clue even a little guide would be much appreciated thank you

Format a USB stick to FAT 32.

Download a channel list such as AJ's.

Unzip it.

Paste the program list onto the stick
It should be a file called TP_PROG.DBS

Here is how to update your box with the channel list.

Switch your box on, wait for it to boot up then plug the pen drive into the box.

On the remote

Menu – Tools – Upgrade by USB

Change the upgrade mode to Misc Files (Right button)

View attachment 10154

Go to select and upgrade, press OK

View attachment 10155

Press OK or green (add) button to put a tick by TP_PROG.dbs

Press yellow button to upgrade.

Wait for it to load the file, don’t press anything while it burns the file.

Should only take a few minutes, it usually loads slow to about 10% then wizzes through.

Once it says complete, just keep pressing exit to get back out of the menus. Don’t worry about the update report it gives you.
Then switch it off and on again to save the update ( sometimes it does it itself automatically when you have exited out of the menus).
Hi bees sorry to sound like an idiot but Wat u mean by format my USB stick???

thanks, I've followed the process a number of times without a problem, came to my epg one day and it was blank. I've repeated the process the box flashes in a second or two then nothing when I re-boot. It's as if it's not reading the file. when I switch on I get the notification stating USB is connected.

Hi guys,

I've got an F5 box, I've changed the channel list multiple times. However I'm still not getting the sky movie channels to work. Instead 'Challenge' is being broadcasted on the frequency. Does anyone know how to get around this? I understand Sky last week changed the frequencies for the Sky Movie channels.

(please be aware this little tutorial is what I have done and if anything happens to your box " I or techkings is not responsible for any mishaps breakages,or failures" (has to be said lol )

... I am not a satalite techy but this is what I did (and alls good)

format pen drive - or just delete stuff off if you don't know how to do it ..

download AJ's channel list put on pen drive .

TURN ON BOX

goto
MENU - edit channels - delete all channels
goto
single satalite scan leave settings -do a scan
will take 5/10 min
reboot box (turn off /on )
update channel list off pen drive
(in menu)
update by USB
select misc (leave keep other settings as "yes" go down to type press ok (select) so theres a tick next to it .DBS -TP PROGS DBS
press yellow button let it flash (then reboot )

Bobs ya uncle ... although AJ'S new channel list (AJ's Skybox/Libertview List 21-6-15) may stop all the ups and downs of the past few days .. but I did this method the other day and it was fine before I updated to the new list which I did today (without doing all the above rigmarole again) and seems ok so far ..

After doing the above my skybox is saying file not found,anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong as the channel update does not install cheers[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im using a skybox f5

all my movies have stopped working sports ect ect all fine just sky movies

ive updated to latest firmware and updated to latest tvprog with ajsat also tried deleting all channels and new blind scan it only finds one set of movie channels and none work when i add them to my fav;s

have sky blocked them are something

Hi, Im totally new to this. I have a F5 box that was working last week, but now all channels showing scrambled. i tried clicking on the AJ's link above to get the current list, but it does not find the page. is there any other links i can get the channel list from? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Hi Ted, I have rebooted my internet and everything else (phone,laptop etc) are working fine. What do you mean by sub? Sorry, im not too tech savvy as yet, hopefully ill get up to speed soon.

Thanks Ted. I have checked and rebooted my internet. It works fine on everything else (phone,laptop etc). Im not sure what you mean by 'sub' tho. Can you give me a little more to go on please.

Thanks again

Back