How's your Phoenix hd a850 running.

Just got my box back from Borofc after having the mod done, great service,really pleased with the way the box is now running without booster and attenuators,would highly recommend this mod to anyone having picture issues, big thanks to all on site who helped get the box to this stage.

sorry guys

but whats this mod everyone is talking about????
Trippy have a read of Marcus's last post as it looks like the A850 is running well (without boosters etc) like its old bruv "A780"..(just had a long scram no vid while typing this..classic..couldnt make it up..!!) all new things have teething probs but like always someone somewhere will always try to work them out as you will sell more and make more money... everyones a winner san ferrean

---------- Post Merged at 02:23 PM ----------

Just got my box back from Borofc after having the mod done, great service,really pleased with the way the box is now running without booster and attenuators,would highly recommend this mod to anyone having picture issues, big thanks to all on site who helped get the box to this stage.
If your an ex SV member this is what "trust and honesty" is all about... You have a problem..someone genuine offers a service for a small fee...you send away your box (200 odd quid.. alot to give to a stranger..and in this day an age too much to lose..!!) the work is done and box is returned...customer is happy and gives positive feedback... You dont rob your own..but help each other..bit like the masons..!!

---------- Post Merged at 02:40 PM ----------

Ps HT and co.. dont ban me..!! It was not a dig at you know who but just praising the good work "this part (KV)" of the forum.. does and the extra work it can generate..(Borofc all commission welcome..!!) Alot of folk dont have any morals anymore so its nice to know some of us are still slightly just only slightly though, above board but still a "vermin or sly" signal thief but thats ok..what double standards eh and you know it.. haha

yea just saw a pm lol. wish i instructions for the mod as i have done console mods for the past 8 years so i know i can perform the mod. I rather do it myself as its easier

i cannot see kv recalling these boxes and offering to replace boards as some members have suggested..
at the end of the day when these boxes were released they didnt suffer from the problems that the recent mod has cured.
it was only when the cable provider changed its qam rate from 64 to 256 that the problems started.
it was this change that effected the 790t also and sent the signal q to 100%
so when these were first released this mod wasnt needed so were fit for purpose
this change in qam isnt aimed at people using these boxes its more to do with the fact more channels are now transmitted in hd then sd and hd has a lot more content then in sd hence the change in qam from 64 to 256..
so why should kv replace all these boards for free just because the provider has changed the qam rate.
isnt it like saying when the cable provider went to nagra 3 everyone should get they old eurovoxes etc replaced

Chris/Phil I would get the mod done, for the price the mod cost you will see a massive improvement to how the box runs, why have a hd box that is "not to bad" for the price you have paid for it.

Would love to know if anyone in Fife is doing this mod,if not I could always take a drive to Lanarkshire ;)

Hi Guys,
Yes, I was PMd on here by a guy from Middlesbrough. I took the box to his house and it was sorted in no time. I no longer need an attenuator and the picture has been fine since then.

Thats right ,Borofc does the mod, i sent him my box with return address and within 3 days i had the box back up and running, great improvement and well worth it guys.

I can vouch for the service Barry provides. He came to me and swapped the board out, took no more than half an hour and the improvement on channels like SS4 was instant.

Back