Image advice

Seafit

I am about to upgrade my Zgemma s2, running OpenATV (quite slow), and I am getting a VU Solo2.
i have heard good and bad reports about Black hole and OpenPli, but would really appreciate any advice on which is better/most stable etc?

Ok, my Vu+ Solo2 has arrived with the latest VIX image installed. I have just unplugged my cables from the Zgemma S2 and inserted them into the Vu+ Turned it on and put on the line via FTP. The line has not taken and the softcam manager only shows CCcam rather than MGcamd?
Only FTA channels are showing (Everything was available on the Zgemma with this line)
I have setup network device manually and using Wizard. The box confirms that I am connected to LAN via ethernet cable. However, when I try to download plug ins, I am getting an error message telling me I have no internet connection?
I have done multiple reboots of both the box and the router, but nothing wants to work. Please can anyone offer advice?

Menu - Setup - System - Network - Device Setup - Network Test (Green Button) Start Test

Any Errors ?

Also

Menu - Information - Network

Has your box got an IP address ?

Done the Green Button Network test and all ticked and confirmed that I am connected to the LAN

I have got the IP address already, for when I tried to FTP my line

Might be a problem at the other end, try downloading a plugin later, see if it connects.

. The line has not taken and the softcam manager only shows CCcam rather than MGcamd?

What are you trying to do ? Load Mg cam 1.38 from the plugins menu ?

Have you got CCcam 2.3.0 installed ? Did you FTP CCcam.cfg to ETC

Last edited:
I tried to connect to the pluguns site, and I received the message: Error - Your box is not connected to the internet.

I have done the FTP to put my line (MGcamd) into USR / Keys. I noticed that when I did this, it also appeared in ETC folder too)
Been to softcam manager but only have option of CCcam

I am trying to acced other plugins like IPTV and TSmedia etc. (I havd them all working on the Zgemma)

Just set up a couple of boxes and the softcams downloaded from the site, also TS media.

I would do a fresh re flash from a USB and start from scratch.

You need to download the softcams then transfer your line by FTP

Sounds like your doing it back to front, and that causes problems.

newcamd.list file (with your line details in ) goes to user/keys along with the mg_cam file if you are using Mg Camd 1.38

CCcam.cfg would go to the ETC folder if you are using CCcam 2.3.0 to run the line.

You shouldn't have newcamd.list in ETC folder

did you reflash box as you may have screwed it up the first time and follow bees tut for setting up enigma 2 combo,if box has no channels they cant show.
dont use settings restore when flashing boxes

After lots of checking and failed flash attepts, I have strong suspicions that despite plenty of VU+ stickers and serial numbers etc, I dont think this is a genuine product.

It will not recognise any USB sticks with flash images on. The front of the box does not have any digital writing, just 2 lights. The fan, which I thought was on the back of a Solo2 is actually on the top of this box, and the power switch is not where I was expecting from VU+ Solo2 pictures. Is there an official way to confirm if this box is a clone?

After lots of checking and failed flash attepts, I have strong suspicions that despite plenty of VU+ stickers and serial numbers etc, I dont think this is a genuine product.

It will not recognise any USB sticks with flash images on. The front of the box does not have any digital writing, just 2 lights. The fan, which I thought was on the back of a Solo2 is actually on the top of this box, and the power switch is not where I was expecting from VU+ Solo2 pictures. Is there an official way to confirm if this box is a clone?

Sorry I hit post again. I used USB sticks that I know work well with Zgemma boxes. The packaging box has VU+ stickers on and the box itself has barcodes on. I bought it from a company called NTTEK on Ebay. There is a barcode sticker on the bottom of the receiver

first thing i see is solo2 se chinese copy look again at what model you have,how much you pay as that might match price

Thanks so much for your help. Looks like I've made a big mistake. I thought I was buying a VU+ Solo2
I wonder if they would accept me returning this one and let me pay the extra for the VU+ Solo2 ?

trouble is if they sell fakes how do you know other boxes are originals,i buy originals from wos home of vix and all boxes are genuine there and can use vix image.look at gemma when they came out SUPPORTED BY OPENVIX no they are or never will be,but hacked patched images are made and can work.
if you want the best you go to the original source,if box is only new there should be no problem in sending it back and get your money back.paypal probably covers you there with a purchase and the sale of goods act.

their packaging is different from original suppier lol

Back