Mag256 issues

Jaygwig

Anyone ever had problems with a Mag256 box mine is now doing a quick freeze every few minutes then sometimes just shuts down into standby think it's an over heating thing

When you mention over heating, the first thing which comes to mind is that your mag box may be a clone. Hope this is not the case for you mate. Where did you buy it from?

Initially, the freezing issue is usually an issue with your provider but the fact that your box shuts down doesn't sound good, and obviously not a provider problem.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yes mate they said it's a portal or bad connection, strange how it was fine for 2 weeks but now it's having these problems, I've tried 2 different servers I've tried factory reset, and it's not a speed issue as I get over 60 or 70 mb/s. You any ideas? When I did a factory reset there was still a greyed out box with an old URL in and can't get rid of it but that portal number is turned off anyway

Hi,
Did you get any further with this? I have a very similar issue with 256 bought from same retailer, to rule out the overheating theory I placed a laptop cooler below it to keep it cool as it does get warmer than the 254, the 254 runs perfectly on the same portal watching the same channel at the same time, I've done the 2x times firmware update and reset settings on the portal and BIOS as recommended and still no change. Was running fine up until today and keeps hanging after 15 mins or so.

Believe it or not I think all it is to turn router off for a few minutes then back on I did this, this morning and I have had the box on all day without one little freeze

Hi,
Did you get any further with this? I have a very similar issue with 256 bought from same retailer, to rule out the overheating theory I placed a laptop cooler below it to keep it cool as it does get warmer than the 254, the 254 runs perfectly on the same portal watching the same channel at the same time, I've done the 2x times firmware update and reset settings on the portal and BIOS as recommended and still no change. Was running fine up until today and keeps hanging after 15 mins or so.
You have any luck??

No, still having the same issue, box totally hangs after about 15 mins, then wont respond at all to the remote control, have to pull the plug

Make sure in your portal setting you only have one portal turned on and rest of them off, and make sure multiportal is off

To be fair it feels and seems more like a software issue, I've bought many many items from WOS and find their service top notch
I will continue to buy from there but will buy only the mag254 lol

Notice some difference in the boxes, on the infomir web site they say the 254 comes with 1gb ram , but when looking at zgemme.co.uk and other web sites they have them listed with 512 ram ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah have all my xtrend boxes from there, no problems but find they freeze with IPtv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back