Movie channels missing on Kryptview

i aint got none of the movie channels i have done a factory default and rescanned all i have is film 4+1 moves 24 and true movies and showcase movies nothing else any help would be much very help full thankyou . :)

i aint got none of the movie channels i have done a factory default and rescanned all i have is film 4+1 moves 24 and true movies and showcase movies nothing else any help would be much very help full thankyou . :)
Mine are all on in deep essex.. sports, movies etc.. why did you have to rescan..? Did you use the same net id as you originally did..? when you scanned..on channel screen what was the TP.. was it 1/1...(SV) or 8/8 (SV vip) or 11/11 (SV gold member) or KV which is about 48/48 upto about 58/58.

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

nobody else posted anything ,yet.are you sure you scanned on correct net id?
any faults in area?
Great minds think alike..haha.. i thought net id as well as he gets some movie channels..!!

to make matters worse providers and netids are changing what once was is/may not be now.
first port of call before messing with box is to check for outside faults first.

nobody else posted anything ,yet.are you sure you scanned on correct net id?
any faults in area?
sorry for late reply no i switch me box on and all i got was those channels so i thought i would do a factory default followed by a scan i used used net id telewest ?

no still got the same channels ?
When you say you still got same channels.. on the channel loading screen the TP's across the bottom of the screen what numbers are you getting....8/8... 11/11... 58/58.. try on a different network..N*L or Ex c&w.... and get correct net id from genuine sub box..(Home... Settings..technical stuff... top line..5 digit number is your net id). Note it down and then rescan KV and at net id page look for yours and enter it.. and then go from there..

When you say you still got same channels.. on the channel loading screen the TP's across the bottom of the screen what numbers are you getting....8/8... 11/11... 58/58.. try on a different network..N*L or Ex c&w.... and get correct net id from genuine sub box..(Home... Settings..technical stuff... top line..5 digit number is your net id). Note it down and then rescan KV and at net id page look for yours and enter it.. and then go from there..
hi im getting 58/58 and network is Ex c&w , and im still only getting all the other channels apart from the movie channels i mentioned above thing is its scanning the HD movie channels which i cant use because my box isint HD lol typical yet it aint scanning the movie channels i want .

Sky movies all use the same TP apart from Sky Showcase (403) so looks like a TP short.

Check Net ID from VM sub box Settings-Tech Stuff-No1 or say what your nearest town or city ,perhaps someone will say what the correct NetID is

ok you changed provider having done a factory reset,but i still think your net id is wrong,try another,unless you know 100% your correct net id and you are scanning from direct feed no splitters you will get channel loss.

ok you changed provider having done a factory reset,but i still think your net id is wrong,try another,unless you know 100% your correct net id and you are scanning from direct feed no splitters you will get channel loss.
Hi, Cactikid i suppose you know i was a sv member just lookin at these threads are kv boxes easy set up looks a bit complicated to me, Thanks rangeroversport that was me name on sv

Ahh !!! mate, we all make mistakes lol

The A780 is pretty straight forward
as long as you have
a "Null Modem Cable" and an old computer
with a serial port.

There is plenty of help around if you get stuck (y)

Ahh !!! mate, we all make mistakes lol

The A780 is pretty straight forward
as long as you have
a "Null Modem Cable" and an old computer
with a serial port.

There is plenty of help around if you get stuck (y)

sorrymate only got a lap top is there any cable i can use what will do the job . thanks

Yes you can use a USB convertor lead plus the null modem
cable but they can be a bit of a pain trying
to get the firmware to load

HTML:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-RS232-Converter-Cable/dp/B00077DJIQ

Yes you can use a USB convertor lead plus the null modem
cable but they can be a bit of a pain trying
to get the firmware to load

HTML:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-RS232-Converter-Cable/dp/B00077DJIQ

sorry to be a pain mate just wondering can it be downloade in a different area to where i live,, got a old computer at work can i download the firmware there then bring the box home

yes you can download the loader and firmware onto a flash drive,bring it to the pc and insert it into pc to flash box,best way is with a null modem cable and serial port
check pc at work has a serial port rs232

to clarify box null modem cable and pc need to be in one place to flash box.
one reason i dont like the usb adapters is info is lost in the flashing method and may give scanning problems.
even dumb brawds on this forum flashed her box so there is hope for all.

Last edited:
yes you can download the loader and firmware onto a flash drive,bring it to the pc and insert it into pc to flash box,best way is with a null modem cable and serial port
check pc at work has a serial port rs232
Thank you will have a look tommorow..

sorry to be a pain mate just wondering can it be downloade in a different area to where i live,, got a old computer at work can i download the firmware there then bring the box home
As Bees says (RRS..!!) null modem cable method is the easiest and most straight forward method.Take your KV box to work when purchased with your null modem cable(not from maplins.!!)and you can do it all there and then bring your box home,update it over the internet... and ... sod it..(look on Youtu and tap in " how to flash a KV A780".. sorry HT) and you got it step by step bro.. ps if you have a sub box you will need the net id from it so you are scanning the right area...The networks may vary but when scanning if your on the wrong one your TP list will be low..1/1, 8/8 or 11/11... Euph1967 has the right idea 58/58 for his area but net id possibly wrong as no movie channels but got all the others...
It sounds right involved but seriously its ok and plenty of help in here..but if that null modem cable is not correct... don't bother..!!

Back