Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

ah yes, iptv does throw a threw anomolies into the mix, open the movieorganisor plugin and make sure you have version 2.10 - not saying it will work any better but previous versions had issues with some iptv recordings that caused the box to crash.

Thanks Grog. The first post on this thread links to 2.08. I googled around for 2.10 but cannot find it.
Finally could you point me to the location of your script or send me the code? I wouldn't mind tweaking it for my own personal setup.

Many thanks for your help.

if you open the plugin then you should see an update option on the blue button. I did have an ipk for it on the first post but it appears the ipk file hadn't been created properly and it wouldn't install so reverted back to 2.08 and then people can update via the plugin.

I don't use IPTV so it's hard for me to mod the plugin for it but looking at your screenshot the only difference is the first digit before the date but that shouldn't make a difference. The plugin reads the movie folder and splits the filenames when it finds ' - ' and then takes the 3rd part, being the name so looking at your screenshot there is no obvious reason why it's not detecting it.

Oh yes there is, the plugin looks for filenames ending in .ts (tv recordings) or mp4 (iptv player downloads etc), the IPTV recordings you have end in .stream so are being ignored.

Now got to find the decoded pyo file to look at the code, where did I put it lol:)

Great thanks grog. I'll see if I can change the IPTV recordings to mp4 and will try an update later tonight.
open the plugin and you should now see the option to update to version 2.12 - update the plugin and then see if that works. Not having any iptv recordings I can't test but I've modified it so it acts the same on ts and stream files so hopefully that should be enough to fix the issue

One last query Grog. Does your script detect if the recording is active before it moves the file? I guess the recording would cut off/fail if the source file is moved mid recording.

I'm running this current script to move the .stream files to .ts (as for some reason the description of the recording would only work with .ts files). Anyway, as part of this script I'm checking to ensure that the file is at least 10 minutes old before renaming the extension, it may be of use to you.

find . -mmin +10 -name '*.stream' -exec sh -c 'mv "$0" "${0%.stream}.ts"' {} \;

The plugin doesn't move any files that have been written to in the last 5 minutes, ie if it runs as 8:30 it won't move any recordings that have ended since 8:25, they will be moved the next time the plugin runs.

This would also mean it your script is checking for 10 minute old files, you may find that a recording has been moved before your script is run, ie if your script runs at 8:30, and a recording ended at 8:22 then it would be moved by my plugin before your script does it magic on it

The plugin doesn't move any files that have been written to in the last 5 minutes, ie if it runs as 8:30 it won't move any recordings that have ended since 8:25, they will be moved the next time the plugin runs.

This would also mean it your script is checking for 10 minute old files, you may find that a recording has been moved before your script is run, ie if your script runs at 8:30, and a recording ended at 8:22 then it would be moved by my plugin before your script does it magic on it

Thanks Grog, It's does recursive checking so even if your plugin moves them to a sub-folder then my script will still rename them. Anyway, thanks for your help over the last few days.

I seem to be having similar problems to above. I'm unable to open movieorganiser though as it immdiately crashed the box to a blue screen. I'e tried to attach a picture of the blue screen to this message.

I have't been recording iptv. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180117_010701.jpg
    20180117_010701.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
I seem to be having similar problems to above. I'm unable to open movieorganiser though as it immdiately crashed the box to a blue screen. I'e tried to attach a picture of the blue screen to this message.

I have't been recording iptv. Any help would be appreciated.
I've only had a very quick look around the log and my recordings folder. The log seems to mention a skin issue and the only other thing I could find in the recordings that seemed to match other issues was a recording which was interrupted and had a number added to the end.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180117-013159.png
    Screenshot_20180117-013159.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 16
the movieorganisor plugin does add numbers to the end of the filename to make is easier to see that there has been an interuption and its the next part of the recording.

what version of the plugin are you using?

the movieorganisor plugin does add numbers to the end of the filename to make is easier to see that there has been an interuption and its the next part of the recording.

what version of the plugin are you using?
I was on 2.10 but now on 2.12. I had a network issue I wasn't aware of which I've since fixed and the plugin is back to working. I can only assume it must be related as after I fixed the network issue I opened the plugin and had no crash and also updated it.

Thanks though! Great plugin. Very handy.

Hi, thanks for you great work on this plugin, but I'm having an issue.. when I try to run manually the plugin it loads but then the recordings aren't organised in folders... I have the version 2.12 and openatv 6.1 and the recordings folders is correct in the plugin settings... what can I do? Thanks

is the recording path in Movie Ordanisor set correctly?

Are none of them being organised or just some of them

Hi, now I went back home and since I left the plugin on that it works every hour, I've noticed that now series with the same name on the program and episode number in the description are organised in folders, instead, series with series number and episode number in the program name (for example nameoftheserie S11EP5) aren't organised... what could this be caused by?
Thanks

are these downloads via iptv player plugin or something similar or are they tv recordings?

make sure your recoring filenames are set to standard. Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> recordings settings -> 'composition of recording filenames'

Back