Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Hi Grog, i've not used your plugin for awhile as i was getting blue screens but i've seen that you've made quite a bit of progress.

Is it pretty much crash free now? It's getting tedious to keep having to set folders for series link :)
Should be:) recently there have been very few reports about blue screens posted on here, the last one,reported last week, being if the box couldn't connect to the server to do a version check, ie if the box isn't connected to the internet but this has been fixed.

As there have been so few bug reports recently I decided to release it as a full version 2 rather than 1.xx, go on give it a go and prove me wrong lol

Hi Grog, i've not used your plugin for awhile as i was getting blue screens but i've seen that you've made quite a bit of progress.

Is it pretty much crash free now? It's getting tedious to keep having to set folders for series link :)
Should be:) recently there have been very few reports about blue screens posted on here, the last one,reported last week, being if the box couldn't connect to the server to do a version check, ie if the box isn't connected to the internet but this has been fixed.

As there have been so few bug reports recently I decided to release it as a full version 2 rather than 1.xx, go on give it a go and prove me wrong lol

Cool, think i'll let my current autotimers expire (as they have folders set and i think your script removes folders if they are empty or only have 1 episode in) and then give it another go.

Just installed this, running great but can you update with an option to run once a day at a certain time.

Thanks

I will look at that, fixing a time is beyond my knowledge but I will see what I can figure out for the next release.

This seems like it should be simple, but for some reason this plugin is not working for me. Running latest 4.00.2 build of Wooshbuild on Zgemma H2S

Record folder is set to /mnt/media/TV

same folder is selected in the movie organiser plugin.

In my TV folder I have 3 recordings of "Strictly Come Dancing - It Takes Two" :)

When the plugin runs it creates the folder

"It Takes Two"

but it doesn't move any of the files into the folder. The next time the plugin runs it sees the folder is empty so deletes it.

What am I doing wrong? How does it name the folder? Is the "-" causing an issue? Would have thought this would already have been reported if the case.

cheers

This seems like it should be simple, but for some reason this plugin is not working for me. Running latest 4.00.2 build of Wooshbuild on Zgemma H2S

In my TV folder I have 3 recordings of "Strictly Come Dancing - It Takes Two" :)

"It Takes Two"

but it doesn't move any of the files into the folder. The next time the plugin runs it sees the folder is empty so deletes it.

What am I doing wrong? How does it name the folder? Is the "-" causing an issue? Would have thought this would already have been reported if the case.

cheers

looks like a bug. I tried it with other recordings without the "-" character and they worked fine.

Please can you take a screen shot of the folder and also of the recorded program names please and post them here for Grog so he can see the naming structure, I don't know what he needs exactly but it will give him something to go on.

Please can you take a screen shot of the folder and also of the recorded program names please and post them here for Grog so he can see the naming structure, I don't know what he needs exactly but it will give him something to go on.

character-issue.jpg

If it's just the "-" character then should be pretty easy to reproduce.

Hi Grog, I've switched back to your plugin after having moved away ages ago.. I have to say, it's worked like a charm..

i took everything out of my manually created folders, changed all my autotimers and current timers to record to the root of my NAS and then turned on your script on one of my boxes.. Zap.. all in nice folders again.

My main reason for doing this was that i think something broke in ATV with recording to folders in a recent update (i believe it's been fixed now) but i figured your script would get round all that messyness anyway.

Just wanted to give you a shout out again!

Even once a day would be good, saves the hdd powering up for nothing cheers

I have this running as part of the Wooshbuild V5 and its great. An option to run a longer than 6 hourly check would be ideal (every 12 or 24 hours) as my recordings go into a NAS and would save it having to power up so frequently. Good effort though and thanks very much!

Hi Mate

Im currently working on an H2 cable set up image at the moment which should hopefully be up for download on here by the weekend would it be ok to include your plugin on the offical release will leave credit to you for your work on this as well

cheers

Andy

Yes Andybhoy1984, thats not a problem.

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 PM ----------

Hi Grog, (took a while to find this thread - have subscribed to it now)
Re- my post here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109721-wooshbuild-v5-movieorganisor-error.html#post616996
I have just re flashed with the new 'WooshBuild-Latest-Stable'
with the previous first v5 build when I used Run-Now the error would be written to log and box would restart
so far 'run now' has not caused any problems my next new recording is set for 1pm so will post if it happens again...

Thanks for letting me know, I am running the plugin on WB5 and with the better half recording her soaps on a nightly basis I've not noticed any issues but I will check the logs at some point. I know we did have the error appear in an old version when pressing green button to open plugin browser but that was fixed so I was surprised to see you mention it again.

I will take a look at tt when I do next update

---------- Post Merged at 01:09 PM ----------

"It Takes Two"

cheers

This does look like a bug caused by the - in the name as the recording filenames are in format of

date - time - channel - programname

and the plugin splits it on the - and takes the last part for the folder name, so as the show is hiphenated it's taking the second part to create the folder. but then the actual program name doesn't match the folder name so isn't moved.

I will look into fixing this in the next couple of days.

Grog

---------- Post Merged at 01:11 PM ----------

I will be adding 12 and 24 hour options to the plugin over the next day or two.

OK version 2.05 is available to update to.

changes :

added 12 and 24 hour to the 'run every' option
I hope to have fixed the issue bigfoot16 highlighted with the hyphenated program names but I have not got any recordings to test this on so can't confirm its working.

Caveat:

If you have wooshbuild 5.00 or 5.01 you can't upgrade it at the moment as Woosh can spell better than I so it's installed in a folder different to what the plugin expects. This is being worked on. If you want to, you can remove it via the green button -> Red Button -> wooshbuild -> grog68-movieorganisor and then install it using the ipk in the first post of this thread and then update. Or you can wait for a fix, the changes aren't major so there is no rush to update.

As usual, any feedback is good feedback. if you find something isn't working please let me know with as much information as possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Grog,
Should the plugin work on downloaded files too or just recorded ones?
Filelist:[SP]/media/hdd/movie/Allegiant 2016 720p X264 Ac3-Diversity.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Divergent 2014 720p X264 Ac3-Diversity.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Family Guy Season 15 (2016) Episode 1.mp4
/media/hdd/movie/Family Guy Season 15 (2016) Episode 2.mp4
/media/hdd/movie/Family Guy Season 15 (2016) Episode 3.mp4
/media/hdd/movie/Family Guy Season 15 (2016) Episode 4.mp4
/media/hdd/movie/Insurgent 2015 720p X264 Ac3-Diversity.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/The Walking Dead S07e01 720p X264.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/The Walking Dead S07e02 720p X264.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Westworld S01e01 720p X264.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Westworld S01e02 Chestnut 720p H264.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Westworld S01e03 720p X264.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Westworld S01e04 720p X264.mkv
/media/hdd/movie/Westworld S01e05 720p X264.mkv[/SP]

Pretty sure it won't work with downloaded files as its looking for files named a specific way

Last edited:
Hi Greg,

Downloaded Whoosh's v.5 last night and followed his instructions to delete the plug-in then reinstall and then update to the new version. Trouble is it is now deleted from the Whooshbuild plug--ins and when I try and look for a download in extensions it is not there to download. The version 2 still says it's available in the plug-in browser and when I hit the green button to update it acts as though it has and the machine reboots, but when I go back into the plug-in it still states that I'm running version 2.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

I have the same issue on Woosh v4, it says there is an update available, but installing it crashes the box causing a reboot. The old version is still installed.

Back