New 11/08/2014 sucmnsee Backup ibox 2+ modded Vix Apollo022

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
New 11/08/2014 sucmnsee and dumbguy Backup ibox 2+ modded Vix Apollo022

Hi guys.
few problems flashing new box's by the sounds of it. had problems over last 5 or 6 boxs. seems somethings a little different.
Lots of people with new boxs are unable to flash.
So here's a backup that flashs to both older and newer boxs.
Changed to dropbox download for ease of download.

All credit to dumbguy for sorting the iptv and all things online. And lots more besides! I wouldnt have had a clue.
But its turned out a great little job :)
Enjoy. Instructions attached.

Vix Apollo 022 Cloud ibox2+ SkySkin - Downloads - TechKings

I have online software updated AFTER MAKING THE BACKUP and all seems well. So up to you if you want to or not.

But again I stress if it aint broke and you're not a tinkerer best leave well enough alone........

You do not need to run the below bootloader to flash this image!

This is just info. I am not recommending to try. Just letting you know the press release.

Airsatddtdotcom 11/08/2014

" NEWER BOOTLOADER AND KERNEL 3.12 RELEASED
We have released newer bootloader and newer kernel 3.12 from August 5,
pls check at our software website: cloud-iboxdotnet
The install Step:
1, pls find the bootlaoder in 5th August, update bootloader first,
2, after install the newer booloader, and then install the new image with
newer kernel and driver. otherwise you can not instll the lastest image
without the new bootlaoder, "

Last edited:
Just one small error in the instructions. The USB stick needs to be a minimum size of 4gig for the streaming sites to work properly. These are dirt cheap these days so there's no excuse for scrimping.

Cheers dude. Edited.

And at less than a fiver usb3 sticks should be better.

And thanks again for all the time and effort. If im ever up there, theres a bottle coming ;-) lol

So on this image all the streaming sites will now work on TSMEDIA or is there anything else i have gotta do after uploading the image?

Everything should work. Although there are a lot of episodes, movies etc,. with dead links. Nothing we can do about that except ask the owners of the 1channel, moviies25k, vidics etc. websites, to remove them.

Thats Dumbguy i was gonna try what we were talking about before but now this is avalible its saved me some heartache haha

with the iptv you can add new ones cant you for differnt streams am i right?

You can, but the one's I took out were no longer working. But if you can find anymore that work (you can test to see if a proxy is required by simply going to a website and seeing if you get a censored message) then let us all know. If you find one that needs a proxy pm me the details and I will see what I can do.

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to the world of Cloud box. I have a Cloud ibox 2, which is currently running Openpli, it was already loaded on when I was given the box. do you recommend I flash it with the above download?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mine was shipped with Openpli, flashed the box with this image and it's back in my good books! If you're not clued-up on the fine details of the receiver,this gives you the stuff you need.

I'm fairly new to the world of Cloud box. I have a Cloud ibox 2, which is currently running Openpli, it was already loaded on when I was given the box. do you recommend I flash it with the above download?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Seem to be having a few teething problems using the Autobuoquets. Gone into the settings and changed the region to my local area,but still getting Northern Ireland channels after updating. Am I missing something?

Use epg button 1st time after scan and select a channel. Resets the ↑↓ epg

---------- Post Merged at 05:16 PM ----------

Or just reboot

Thanks for this, found that all of a sudden I cant flash new boxes anymore, though my flash drive had gone kaput

You can generally get them working again with a full low level format tool and yhen windows full format. But I tend to use the usb somewhere else if I can after they do that.

Hi sucmnsee is this image ok to use with the ibox 3 running on 5/08/14 bootloader? Box came with no image installed so flashed with apollo 28 not knowing addons were not included with the image. Im new to linux sorry!
Chris

Hi sucmnsee is this image ok to use with the ibox 3 running on 5/08/14 bootloader? Box came with no image installed so flashed with apollo 28 not knowing addons were not included with the image. Im new to linux sorry!
Chris

I'd say ud be better just adding the addons.
You can do this with the plugins-download plugins option.
Trying to put the wrong image for the box might brick it!
But also u may lose the dual tuner function even if it did work.
There has to be a reason that theres separate versions for both boxs.

Another option would be to start a new thread in the main cloud ibox section asking one of the boys with a 3 to share a backup with you.

Last edited:
Back