New products - Zgemma H4 and H6

Sorry, my bad. I've edited it now.
Yes there's loads of free channels on sat that you can't get on cable.
I'm dreading cable going the same way as sat because the Vu+ Uno 4K only has a cable tuner, no terrestrial!
Channels 1 - 5 only in SD... It doesn't bear thinking about!

Sly spent millions on the new encryption to stop card sharing. I doubt virmin have the money to go down the same route. Time will tell I guess.

if Leicester area is the start of new encryption all these boxes will be rendered useless by the end of the year anyway.

Sly spent millions on the new encryption to stop card sharing. I doubt virmin have the money to go down the same route. Time will tell I guess.
on the other hand if Sly insist that vm change the encryption on their channels to reduce the cs and increase subscriptions then they may have no choice. Unlikely I know, but sly may even share info with them to make it happen sooner.

Just discovered that there's also an updated H.2S, The H.2S+ which has 2 x sat tuners and a cable/terrestrial tuner.

Thought that is what you was going for

H4's have arrived this morning.

No I've ordered the H5.2S+ which is the counterpart of the H5.2TC with the tuners the other way round.
I've had a message to say they've arrived as well! Pretty incredible seeing as I only ordered them from China on the 29th!
Amazon and eBay could learn some lessons from them.

Get testing those babys out! :grin:
Had it on for a few hours. When doing a software update it was slow, so slow I turned box off lol. I then enabled swapfile which I haven't had to do on the h5.2tc and H7C and software update went smoothly and the box is running well.

Had it on for a few hours. When doing a software update it was slow, so slow I turned box off lol. I then enabled swapfile which I haven't had to do on the h5.2tc and H7C and software update went smoothly and the box is running well.

But what about general use like navigating through menu's and channel zapping?

slight delay, blank screen, when zapping and navigating through menu's isn't instant but nothing major, it feels slightly faster than the h2h, it's obviously not a H7 though.

I had all three tuners in use by recording one and watching 2 (one in PIP) with no issues.

There is just one rf input split internally for the 3 tuners. Tuners are DVB-C rather than DVBT2/C on other models.

Sorry didn't check and had to disconnect it so the boss can have her shows recorded. Will check that tomorrow.

What's the signal level like and is it the same across all 3 tuners?
The signal is just 37% and its the same across the 3 tuners. I do have two splitters in line between the box and the wall which may be effecting it a bit but the H7 connected to the same cable gets anything above 75%.

For me the low signal is not affecting the picture.

I think there's something wrong here (showing incorrect info) as if it were truly only around 15/16db for the cable signal, there'd be problems with the picture as as soon as it drops below 35, you'd get pixellation / total loss of picture.

yea, picture quality is good, I've just plugged h52tc to came cable and signal is up in 90's so it is odd.

Maybe it's the same issue that we used to have with the H2H when the cable signal would always show at 29% however good it was?

Reactions: ste
Back