Openbox v8 Combo Problems

Can't seem to update anything via usb, it just won't detect any files, fine with videos etc but not update files.

I've tried the latest edition from this forum, but it won't do anything, I've enabled ccam, but key part is grayed out.

Any ideas.

Looks like this the menu.

DSC_0192.jpg

Any ideas?

Was the upgrade file compressed?

If so, did you uncompress it before putting it on the memory stick?

Does it recognise the same USB when used as a media player? I suppose you tried another USB drive? I had to restart the box (Openbox V8S) to get it to recognise one of my USB drives.

was your usb stick formatted to fat32 ?

and what are you trying to update

Last edited:
Yes. Channel listing.

Also trying to update Cccam details, figured out they needed to be labelled cccam.cfg but really need an editor for that to get it right for my type of box I believe.

you just need notepad for your ccam file copy and paste your line into a new notepad file and save it as ccam.cfg and change file type to all.

and doing your ccam.cfg file there wont work you have to do it in camd setup in ccamclient setup or mgcamd plug setup

and is the channel update saved on your computer like this Tp_progs.dbs << exactly like that

Last edited:
That's the thing I've looked at it in text pad and it's correct but when copying it from the USB it doesn't like doing the 'key' part. I'm doing it in the network setup under the hidden menu in 6666.

Yes or a variant, from videos it's meant to work but my menu seems different from other v8 boxes, suggesting that this thing is an impostor.

Your info helped, mines called newcam, I got it working there very shortly then stopped when I went into the channel list for some weird reason. But settings defo sorted, only a trial unless the booted me off. But it's not been 24 hours.

Seem to have most channels now, not sure if that also downloaded me a list.

Tried in both no luck, really annoying.

Does anyone know what naming some other boxes like? It was finicky about certain naming on the ccam list.

try a factory reset if that doesn't work try a single satellite scan

and I don't understand your last question

Line input

lot of users finding it hard to input line

Can it be done manually or via usb

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 AM ----------

Your info helped, mines called newcam, I got it working there very shortly then stopped when I went into the channel list for some weird reason. But settings defo sorted, only a trial unless the booted me off. But it's not been 24 hours.

Seem to have most channels now, not sure if that also downloaded me a list.

What at did you actually do to get it resolved

I too am very interested in how these files can be imported if anyone can help I want to import Newcam.list and TP_Prog.dbs as these drive the services I had with a Skybox F5.

I am concerned to read that someone is getting a frozen screen as this is the very fault I had with the F5 causing me to buy this new box instead.

When I try to import Newcam.list in the CS Pro folder I keep getting unable to import CCCam.cfg I do not have a copy of this file if anyone can guide me to a downloadable version I would be grateful.

regards and compliments of the season, all help greatly appreciated.

Back