Openbox v8 Combo Problems

Hi, I have problems with the latest firmware v3.1.98: I install my previous working settings and after the reboot There are no settings, I get No Programs. To let the latest firmware working, I have to edit the satellite, and then start to search for settings, then I edit all favorites (create), and at the end I can save.
You can imagine is a load pf working.
In the older version (20 november 2014) everything working great for me with my channel list full edited (italian).
I repeat with the new versions you cannot install your previous working settings.
Don

Hi, I have problems with the latest firmware v3.1.98: I install my previous working settings and after the reboot There are no settings, I get No Programs. To let the latest firmware working, I have to edit the satellite, and then start to search for settings, then I edit all favorites (create), and at the end I can save.
You can imagine is a load pf working.
In the older version (20 november 2014) everything working great for me with my channel list full edited (italian).
I repeat with the new versions you cannot install your previous working settings.
Don

Where did you get the latest firmware, I decided to keep my box after I saw the guy selling them for £150 plus now. As a backup.

Is the same as the one in the download section
But with this version, you'll have to search channels and the can save in a usb pen memory, then you can edit (if you want) with the DBEditor which you can find in the official openbox page, just write freesat through google and you can find the chinese site

I could, but I think will be useless for the most of you cause is most for the italian channels 13 east (hotbyrd) and local terrestrial

hi i have the same box same problem the upgrade files are .bin files not the standard that i seen on most other boxes
when you enter the 6666 for config files there is no option to upgrade by usb???
i have been told that there is a new firmware that addresses this anyone have this file or location

hope this helps tarkas

Also recently bought this box from shopizy2014 on a certain auction site

Was going mad trying to add a channel list, until I did some googling and ended with you good people...:bye:

So what the general consensus, is this a clone?...send it back or struggle on?

donciccio44 there is no channel updates on that site there is firmware.

DavorJB send it back its a piece of s**t and not worth the mither

I had my atleast a month ago managed do a firmware update but cant find anything for a channel update

Cheers Webby.... I sent him a message asking how upload the channel list.

See what he comes back with but looks like it will be going back.

To get the characters you can't see press the double ^ key and the other characters will appear. Press it again to go back to normal text

---------- Post Merged at 11:09 PM ----------

Hi, do an eBay search for an Openbox v8 combo channel list I have used it myself and it works great.

You said you bought it from a certain auction site the ones I see state the box is 100% genuine and your saying yours is a clone?

Back