Openbox v8 Combo Problems

in a new notepad you copy and paste your line details then delete the N: and put CWS = with a space before and after the = then hit save as name the file newcamd.list and change file type to all.

your line should look something like this but with your details CWS = host.sky.net 7685 auto-456 450587 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
then update by usb in MGcamd plug setup.

---------- Post Merged at 02:23 PM ----------

you download your channel list which will save on your computer as TP_PROGS.dbs then drag it over to a formatted fat 32 usb or hdd then plug it into your
box press menu on your remote and select upgrade by usb.

Now make sure upgrade mode is set to misc files and keeping dbs andsetting is set to yes and click on select and upgrade.

Now highlight TP_PROGS.dbs(sat,TP,PROG) and click ok on your remote toput a green tick next to it and then press yellow to upgrade.

You will then see burnflash...do not power off
Once the bar reaches 100% you will see upgrade finished,press “info” keyfor result.
Now just exit out and you have successfully updated your channel list.

Last edited:
That doesn't work webby on the second part, mines going to go back it's not right and the remote IR receiver on the box is a joke.

I'm also failing big time with this v8 combo I managed to get to the manual add of server etc etc but the last line it wouldn't let me activate I bought it so I could have my v5 in bedroom but its been nearly 2wks wish I'd just got another v5 now GGRRRRR5RR

Yup ive messaged him today so we'll see what happens legally we f##ked as it does show free to air channels so I'm hoping for a geeky saviour type to rescue me (im more familiar with engines n nut's n bolts) lol

You can stil send it back, it's not doing what its meant to via usb, I complained when it arrived mine was covered in scratches.

Unfortunately still having no luck with loading my V8 Combo and am now at the stage of sending it back which will annoy me as I do not accept defeat willingly. There must be a way of getting help to get this thing loaded.

I have not got a CCCam.cfg file for the box and have tried a variety of ways to write one with no effect, the one on my F5 is blank as we used the Newcamd.list file to drive things. When I do get a CCCam.cfg to save data and go to newcamd and save the data it looks as if it has done it but I still cannot get the any service other the FTA.

If anyone has any details about this box (V8 Combo) and have set it up successfully could they please help it would be a great start to 2015 helping the old and infirm so they can sit at home with their small pension,wrapped in a blanket against the cold and enjoy some telly. I am sure that there is at least one brilliant member out there who will take pity on me. My Avatar is to hide all my wrinkles and grey hair (what I have left after all this frustration). You have guessed correct if you think to yourself "72 he won't be very technical; 72 - hasn't got many birthdays left, perhaps I will try to help the old ***"
Any help will be greatly appreciated

regards

I have just purchased this box and awaiting delivery. Wish I had checked the forums first! Anyway, have you updated the firmware? There is a CCcam fix on the latest firmware

ive just ordered this box to run tests on it and maybe get it going I receive my box Wednesday so will let you know if I have any luck if I do I will try and type up some guides.

---------- Post Merged at 08:45 PM ----------

try putting this in a note pad file

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = anyhost.net 8796 Auto-845 345676 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 <<< but your details here make sure you have the space either side of the = .

and save as newcamd.list and change file type to all

then update in MGcamd

Last edited:
New cam works under the menu's I just can't get anything via the usb channel list updated, most channels don't come through correctly even when auto searched. I've bought a replacement box, cloud Ibox 2, wanted this for dual tuners but for the amount of TV I watch i'll get over it.

I got my v8 combo box today managed to update the firmware the firmware is a .bin file not a .abs file and got my line to work.

the only problem I have now is getting a channel update on to put the channels in order you cannot use the TP_progs.dbs channel list it needs to be a .bin file and I cant find 1 anywhere will keep looking and let you know.

firmware can be found here http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=481

and I added my line manually.

Last edited:
Found out today that the server I use will not accept the software of this box as it is cloned and vulnerable to virus and hacking. Some servers will accept it but my guy says send it back and get another type of box and that is just what I intend doing tomorrow when the post office opens.

We almost got it working but after 10 seconds it encrypted and rebooted apparently this was the server we use rejecting the box as vulnerable.

now you see why people should get working boxes to view tv like linux boxes.

Octagon SF8 HD - XP1000 Single Tuner DVB-S2 Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver £119 + 2 year warranty,what if the seller does not accept boxes back as clones dont have warranty?

You can stil send it back, it's not doing what its meant to via usb, I complained when it arrived mine was covered in scratches.

I bought two of these monstrosities off the large internet auction site that cant be mentioned, emailed seller, no response, so started returns process, posting back tomorrow, the advert clearly stated "100% authentic, NOT a clone"

I bought two of these monstrosities off the large internet auction site that cant be mentioned, emailed seller, no response, so started returns process, posting back tomorrow, the advert clearly stated "100% authentic, NOT a clone"

Not like the guy can argue if they aren't fit for purpose and do whatever they are meant to do then the auction site will side with the buyer.

Guy I bought off already knows I'm sending it back and didn't seem to quibble on that end, feedback is very powerful these days.

I have managed to set this up by entering the Cccam manually and it works fine, like everyone else I cannot get any channel list to work and have begun to edit it manually. There is a tool on freesat.cn but it is pretty useless.

Problem with V8 Combo

My seller was Shopizy or something like that

yep, same seller mate

I finally gave up trying to programme this thing as I said above cloned and our server rejects it.

I have had recommended to me the
[h=1]Technomate TM-NANO-OE Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Single Tuner Satellite Receiver[/h]
Has anyone any experience of this box please before I take the plunge and buy another pup?

Your opinion is appreciated

Back