phoenix hd a850 setup.

Unzip the rar file and copy the file inside there to the memory stick. Hopefully cactikid will include that step in his edited guide. Quite common issue with novices on computers I have noticed.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

if its a rar file it is compressed and would need extracting first by a program called winrar,then put extracted file onto usb

1st post redited,barry do you have info on pvr recording size and format,was told its in booklet,dont have that either lol

Last edited:
Thanks. The USB update seems to have worked. However, when i tried to scan, it froze and the stop search (red button) does not work. I have had to switch off the box manually. Do i need to connect any cable before I scan? As mentioned earlier I do not have an antenna. I did the scanning without any cable, i.e no lan, no antenna.

as like the 750 you need the vm cable inserted to scan and the lan can be plugged in after scan is finished.

Thanks. I will go to Maplin tomorrow to get an adaptor for the vm cable so that it can fit in the antenna input (RF1-I think). Is this the correct way? Thanks a lot

scanning from main coaxial feed and choosing correct provider,or name the channels you cant get to see if other hd users get them.

Me too, got there in the end. However, the volume seems to be a bit low even at 100%.

Cactikid & Barryboom- thanks for all your help and for answering my questions so late in the night.

Yes on certain tvs there seems to a considerable drop on the HD channels not sure how or why I reported it to the kv when they first released the box but still as yet nothing has changed but a small sacrafice having to turn it up or down a little.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Was watching the super cup yesterday on HD. Lots of glitching and freezing. Couple of glitches on the normal channel but not as bad as the HD one. Also I had to switch the box on and off as it got stuck. When this happened, the display on the KV box showed a number,e.g. 2, 3, and it just freeze. Only way to getting it working again is off and on. The HD channels are superb. Hope the glitching is temporary. Do I need an attenuator? The supplier's website said that it has been modified and does not need one.

I noticed loads of glitching which is annoying.
I have a splitter, one going to my vermin suprhub and one to the kv box. I've then connected the superhub to another wifi router (net gear) via an Ethernet cable. I've used another Ethernet cable to connect the net gear wireless router to the kv box. In addition, I changed the net gear router to have static ip. I don't know if this is correct?
Probably not as the tv is very glitchy.

Back