phoenix hd a850 setup.

its a fantastic mod and i suggest anyone who has one to get it done or if your capable do it yourself.

I want to do my other two boxes, Could someone please pm the value of the resistor. thanks alot guys

A very Happy customer. top mod

Does anyone have information on what needs to be done, would like to do this myself if I can get correct info .

---------- Post Merged at 12:05 AM ----------

Also if anyone has link to latest firmware it would be appreciated.
Damn superhub. :(

Hello all again, I read with interest there is an update available, does anyone know whether the KV team are aware of these mods which are being done and are the mods which have been done compatible with these upgrades??? I know it's only a resistor (value) which has been changed but are the (firmware) upgrades aimed at pre or pro modded boxes????

Sorry if I sound stupid :-s but I think I know what I mean!

i would say they now about it,if you have something and you need feedback you would give out products to test and over a period of time as of now problems are noticed and they do other fixes/firmwares etc to see if it fixes problems,it does not so other things are looked at.it maybe common practise in electronics when something goes down the replacement part maybe of higher spec.firmware updates are for all boxes.

I can assure you that the kv guys are aware it came directly from them and any updates will be made with modded box being the standard.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can someone help me out with some info on this mod. I've had a love hate relationship with this box for long enough :grin:

yes get it done,read back for more info of who;)

I would, but I need 5 posts before I can PM lmfao.

Typical.... but quite right I suppose :grin:

Services are being offered on gumtree and eBay couple of options depending on where you are located. But its a must for the a850 for any sort of trouble (ish) viewing.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

I'd rather do it myself though to be honest. Just need a step for a hint, much like yourself earlier :)

trouble is he is an expert in the field,are you?

Field of what?

Are you asking if I can remove a resistor and replace it with another? In that instance I am most definitely an expert as I've fixed my Wifes GHDs more times than I could care to count (awful, awful design). *

Electriction/calibrator by trade, electronics advanced hobbyist with years of soldering experience.

Fact is, if I had the information I know for a fact I could do the job very easily, very competently and very safely.

* Read as tongue in cheek, humour is sometimes misplaced in forums.... but those GHDs are the bane of my life.

Back