Recording issue on E4

daz72

Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on a small issue? The wife has Hollyoaks set to record by timer but on playback has just a black screen, HDD is set to not sleep, all other channels record fine. This seems to be just an issue with E4, if she waits till Hollyoaks starts then presses record just for that episode, it records just fine! Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Just E4 and E4plus1 channels, both run fine watching live or recording via record button, auto timers seems to be having an issue, records but black screen playback.

There is some problem on Tuner B with Channel 4 +1, E4, E4+1, More4, More4 +1 gives Tune failed need to use Tuner A to watch and record.

Tuner B is fine on all other channels just no signal on Channel 4 +1, E4, E4+1, More4, More4 +1 on vix 4.1.016 no idea why, it works on my box running 4.1.003 I expect its a Vix issue for some reason I hardly if ever watch them so not really a problem to me I have seen mention of it before but cant find the post now.

Tuner B is fine on all other channels just no signal on Channel 4 +1, E4, E4+1, More4, More4 +1 on vix 4.1.016 no idea why, it works on my box running 4.1.003 I expect its a Vix issue for some reason I hardly if ever watch them so not really a problem to me I have seen mention of it before but cant find the post now.

I might set recordings to tuner A to see if that fixes the recording issues, anything is worth a try, thanks.

I might set recordings to tuner A to see if that fixes the recording issues, anything is worth a try, thanks.

Are you using Tuner A as main tuner? if so change to B and see is you can a Channel on ones I have quoted on normal viewing I cant but if you can my idea will not be your problem.

Shogun you hit it on the head, seems tuner B has issues with channel 4, +1, E4, +1, More4, +1, I'm using wooshes latest build 4.001 so its not a vix issue.

Shogun you hit it on the head, seems tuner B has issues with channel 4, +1, E4, +1, More4, +1, I'm using wooshes latest build 4.001 so its not a vix issue.
Glad its not just me then I had seen mention of it will just wait for somebody more knowledgeable to come on and tell us why when they realise its affecting both Vix and ATV .

Done some more testing, watching sly movies on tuner A and set a recording (not any of the e4, more4, channel 4, film 4 channels) and it records fine... that shows tuner B is working. Tested the signal finder on both tuners A + B on 10729 V 22000 5/6. Tuner A scanned and found the e4, channel 4 and more 4 channels, tuner B failed to find any, thats a starting point for those that may know... how do we get tuner B to find these channels on a scan?

Any guru here able to help out with adding the missing channels back onto tuner B or how to get tuner B to find them on a scan?

Woosh, some images from different builds, openvix, basebuild 3 and latest build, you can see somehow tuner b has lost the channels from transponder 10729 V 22000 5/6 on the latest build, this is where a lot of people are reporting black screens or blank/failed recordings.

20160809_210312-1.jpg20160809_212309.jpg20160809_220829.jpg20160809_220851.jpg

I don't have that problem (Wooshbuild 4.001). The AGC (whatever that is) is always lower on Tuner B but there's no problem with it.

screenshot.jpg
screenshot (1).jpg

Thats wierd, im on the same build with a fresh flash tonight and i still get this with tuner b, even though other builds have been fine for it.

Finally got wooshbuild 3.03 final back onto my h2s and tuner B now works perfectly, so from all the testing i did, sucmnsee's latest vix worked fine, wooshmans basebuild 3 and wooshbuild v3.03 final worked fine, wooshbuild v4.001 from what i can see contains a small bug that stops tuner B seeing transponder 10729 V 22000 5/6 for some of us. It might be an issue with openATV 5.3 but for those having issues with blank recordings from channel 4 and +1, e4 and +1, more4 and +1, film4 and +1 i can only suggest that you go back to v3.03 until the error is found and fixed. Thanks and keep up the great work :)

20160810_153146.jpg

I'm not an E4 viewer (often) but thought I would check my box and I am having similar problem, doesn't record and like others signal finder shows 0 signal on tuner B

I'm using 3rd July vix Img fresh install and not getting no signal with tuner B on the first 2 transponders.
10714 H and 10729 V
These are channel 4 ones, not sure what the problem is the way round recording I found was to set it to zap and record so it uses tuner A to record.

Back